Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Where's the Toilet Lever? (Things You Forget)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where's the Toilet Lever? (Things You Forget)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
One time I was watching a baseball game on TV and saw the time on the scoreboard. I got really confused because I couldn't reconcile the clock at the game, the time zone difference from my location, and the time I thought it really was. After a few minutes, I realized the game was in my home town, there was no time zone difference, and I had forgotten I was at home.

And no, I hadn't consumed any mild-altering substances... just too much travel.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Originally Posted by airchick
Waking up and not knowing where you are (including home).

Not knowing what day/date it is.
+1 Oh more times than I can remember.

There is one hotel I stay at QUITE frequently and when I come they always put me on the same floor, no matter what. I have on occasion, stood in the hall and tried to remember my room number.

On my last trip last week after I got home, I had to go into the office and I went downstairs and stood outside my condo waiting for the car service to pick me up........... I don't have a car service to pick me up to go to work.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I understand this one...totally.

I have gotten in the habit of ripping off the part of the cardboard key holder which has the room number written on it. This little slip of paper goes into a picture slot in my wallet. I am always looking there to find out what room I am in.
I do this too, except you should keep the paper and the key in separate pockets. Otherwise, it's easy for someone who picks your pocket to find your room.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA, previously of CO.
Ha ha, my husband was in Houston, San Fran, San Diego, LA and met me in Miami on Friday this past week. That night after a few drinks, he headed to the SE corner of the hotel room and got ready for the bathroom. Luckily, I was still with it and pointed him towards the actual bathroom before it was too late, poor fatigued traveler!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
I woke up and couldn't remember where I was.

Has this happened to you?
I suspect this has happened to many of us, especially those who travel on hectic itineraries.

As weird as it may feel, I would say to relish those periods of confusion. You could be like many who can't travel and wake up knowing exactly where they are whether they want to or not.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
I never know the day...
I stayed at a very helpful hotel in Xian, China (think it was The Peninsula). Got in the elevator to go to breakfast and looked down to see the rug on the elevator floor stating in English and Mandarin that "Today is Friday"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.