Who gets the Compensation payment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who gets the Compensation payment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It's an interesting one, especially flying from the EU (or to the EU on an EU airline), where you can get a rebate of up to 75% of the ticket value for an involuntary downgrade or up to €600 for an involuntary denied boarding.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:15 pm

Nowhere near €600 at issue here, but I recently took the train for work and had to reschedule my train. The train I took was $22 cheaper. Here's the catch. The company had booked a nonrefundable ticket. To work around this, the agent gave me a new ticket, plus a $22 "voucher" (not a rebate, but essentially a $22 off coupon) that could be used on a future ticket. I would gladly get reimbursed for the full value and give the voucher to my company, except that it's in my name! In the end I decided to get reimbursed for [cost minus $22] and I guess I'll figure out what to do with the voucher later.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
Morally, voluntary bump compensation belongs to the employee.

You see, otherwise employees would not volunteer and some other company's president might not get to fly.

If VDB interfered with work duties then sanctions separate from airline costs would be taken against the employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.