Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best time to book travel to the Olympics?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to the Olympics next year from IAH to London Heathrow and was wondering if anyone has any insight as to what would be the best time to book a flight? I plan on flying Continental and right now I can get a round trip non stop flight around $1200 on the dates I want to travel but should I book now or wait a couple of months to see if rates will go down? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:03 am

I doubt it. Airfare to get to the Olympics will be in high demand so there's little reason for airlines to lower the price. If you're seeing tickets at a price you're willing to pay, go ahead and get them.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I doubt it. Airfare to get to the Olympics will be in high demand so there's little reason for airlines to lower the price. If you're seeing tickets at a price you're willing to pay, go ahead and get them.
Completely agree with this. Flights will get more and more expensive as the games draw near (as will hotel rooms, I would book them asap too). There is going to be more demand than space for flights, so get in early to be sure.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses that is what I figured.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.