Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
I wouldn't give my kibblers alfredo sauce because I think it's too rich for them.
What I don't understand is why Kipper, a dog in the children's show of the same name, has Hello Kitty as their profile picture.

Sorry but I couldn't resist. No offense intended. Funny ironic not funny haha.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
What I don't understand is why Kipper, a dog in the children's show of the same name, has Hello Kitty as their profile picture.

Sorry but I couldn't resist. No offense intended. Funny ironic not funny haha.
No offense taken.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't give my kibblers alfredo sauce because I think it's too rich for them.
Ah but you see, it didn't have much sauce, it was really dry, so that's ok
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by emma69
Ah but you see, it didn't have much sauce, it was really dry, so that's ok
Apparently, since they couldn't be bothered to ask for additional sauce.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently, since they couldn't be bothered to ask for additional sauce.
I know a few people who subscribe to the 'don't accept additional food once you have complained' school of thought (because of what they might do to the food), but having worked in a restaurant, I never saw anything bad happen, certainly never did anything myself, so I figure provided I am polite about it, there is nothing to worry about.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by emma69
I know a few people who subscribe to the 'don't accept additional food once you have complained' school of thought (because of what they might do to the food), but having worked in a restaurant, I never saw anything bad happen, certainly never did anything myself, so I figure provided I am polite about it, there is nothing to worry about.
If their initial complaint wasn't that the alfredo sauce was lacking in quantity or quality, I would hope they'd be ok.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I used to work for a pizza place when I was in college delivering for a while and delivered but would answer the phone sometimes. I was never asked that question (but our pizzas were sized small, medium and large not by diameter) and we only sold pizzas and I can't remember the number of times someone would call up and say first thing "I want to order a pizza" LOL.
Not a dumb statement. They are clarifying that they are calling to place an order, as opposed to complaining about an order, asking where their delivery is, asking "Is John there?", or dialing a wrong number. They are also starting with a simple statement that allows you, the employee, to respond quickly with, "Please hold," before telling you their entire order only to have to repeat it a minute later when someone else takes them off hold.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Not a dumb statement. They are clarifying that they are calling to place an order, as opposed to complaining about an order, asking where their delivery is, asking "Is John there?", or dialing a wrong number. They are also starting with a simple statement that allows you, the employee, to respond quickly with, "Please hold," before telling you their entire order only to have to repeat it a minute later when someone else takes them off hold.
I usually say, "I'd like to place an order for pickup," or, "I'd like to place a delivery order."
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a fun one at work yesterday.

Background: I run a rental car office in Durham, NC where we rent to a lot of people who can't go anywhere else. We do cash rentals, debit card rentals, occasionally extend credit etc without requiring credit checks or proof of residency. We're able to do it as our cars have locator devices and remote shut offs. Yesterday someone went over their time period and didn't answer phone calls so I shut off the car. When he finally contacted me, it was obvious he was letting someone else drive. Eventually he came in and I asked him where the car had been. When he told me the wrong answer I disclosed my ace in the hole, said where the car actually was and he finally admitted he let his sister who doesn't have a license drive the car. I told him I wasn't going to rent to him anymore for that infraction and lying to me.

His priceless response? "Well if I'd known you had the locator I wouldn't have lied to you!". First honest thing he'd said.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Having flown a few U.S.-Canada segments over the years, I've heard a variety of weird questions about whether Canada is international, whether a passport is required, etc.

To be honest, some of the questions are understandable - considering the U.S. airlines themselves tend to treat Canada as a domestic destination for a lot of purposes. I think by 2011 most people realize that Canada requires a passport but for a few years there a lot of people weren't sure what rules applied to what countries, whether there were different rules for flights than driving yourself, etc. (I remember overhearing someone asking a ferry company whether Canada required a passport and the agent said "Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.")
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I haven't been flying frequently in the past 3 years nor posting on FT as much. But I noticed this thread and couldn't help but take a few hours (spread over the past three days) and read through this. Hilarious stuff and it makes me miss FT.

Anyway, I have a few stories from my past travels.

In 2006 I had frequently traveled ORD-MIA and back during the holiday season November through January for work, about 1-2x a week. On the few occasions I wasn't upgraded or did not care to use a 500-miler because I had exit row, I was sat next to a family, an elderly person, or both! I try to bang away on my laptop during the flight, read the newspaper or a book, and getting constantly requested to move or asked questions. General questions like "when are we landing" or "how long does it take?" to annoying ones like "Are we stopping for gas"...not so much dumb comments but annoying! Anyone who takes a seasonal route during the holidays knows what I mean.

Dumb passenger, moreso an irate passenger, in this case: Was flying ORD-LAX and we had an equip change from A320 to A319. Some passenger's seats were changed and this younger-to-mid-aged guy gets seated in 20B, moved from the back of the bus on the A320. He goes completely NUTS at the gate agent with the "fact" that he's been put in a "middle seat"...he causes a complete scene and after constant reassurances from the GA that A320s don't have a 20A thus 20B is not a middle, he continues complaining, going on and on how "I'll never fly this airline again." I know 20B on A320s aren't the best as far as exit row seating but I'd sure take that over where he was put, in row 34

One other time I was on a flight from BNA to ORD, last flight of the day and I think last flight leaving BNA of the night. The airport was actually quite eerie that late and that empty. We had about a 20-passenger flight and I was the only elite on the flight, so it was actually quite cool-the GA invited me personally by name to board the flight first to which I was scoffed at by the below-mentioned people in a "who does he think he is?" type of way. Anyway, on this flight there were maybe 10-12 girl volleyball players in high school and 3 coaches. So other than that it was me and 4 other travelers. It was a regional jet, Embraer or CRJ don't remember, but it had a 2 x 2 layout - I had the exit row and all around me spread out the volleyball girls. They were a riot, their conversations hilarious and quite interesting. But it got annoying after maybe 5 minutes of just being on the plane. We started taxiing and probably made it to just short the runway when one the girls SCREAMED, on the top of her lungs, which caused a domino effect (think about it...12 screaming teenagers). A few of them repeatedly pressed the FA call button. All for...wait for it...one of them left their cosmetic bags in the terminal. And guess what, the very sympathetic pilot turned out to be one of the fathers of the girls, and returned to the gate and she got her bag. Hey, at least we still made it on time to ORD
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by pinniped
Having flown a few U.S.-Canada segments over the years, I've heard a variety of weird questions about whether Canada is international, whether a passport is required, etc.

To be honest, some of the questions are understandable - considering the U.S. airlines themselves tend to treat Canada as a domestic destination for a lot of purposes. I think by 2011 most people realize that Canada requires a passport but for a few years there a lot of people weren't sure what rules applied to what countries, whether there were different rules for flights than driving yourself, etc. (I remember overhearing someone asking a ferry company whether Canada required a passport and the agent said "Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.")
Ferry Company is correct:
Entry into Canada by an American citizen does not require a passport, CBSA only ask for photo proof of identity. The passport scan is the fastest identity verification in use by US/Canada border.

The passport is require for American returning to US as per DHS.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:03 pm

I don't mind sharing my OWN dumb pax story...if we can't laugh at ourselves, that's kind of sad. Anyway, I was on a flight from PDX to ORD, and sitting next to a young woman who had never flown before in her life. We were approaching the airport when suddenly the descending plane started ascending rapidly and made a wide circle around the airport. It was obvious that for some reason we were going to have to wait to land. After a few minutes, the captain made an announcement: "Well, folks, it looks like there's a big bird on the runway and we aren't able to land until they remove it." I turned to the girl next to me and said, "Can you believe that??? They won't land this huge airplane just because there's a BIRD on the runway!!!" I was totally serious and it took me a number of minutes to realize what the captain meant. Thankfully, the inexperienced gal next to me was as naive as I was and we both got a good chuckle out of it!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by rogue lady
I don't mind sharing my OWN dumb pax story...if we can't laugh at ourselves, that's kind of sad. Anyway, I was on a flight from PDX to ORD, and sitting next to a young woman who had never flown before in her life. We were approaching the airport when suddenly the descending plane started ascending rapidly and made a wide circle around the airport. It was obvious that for some reason we were going to have to wait to land. After a few minutes, the captain made an announcement: "Well, folks, it looks like there's a big bird on the runway and we aren't able to land until they remove it." I turned to the girl next to me and said, "Can you believe that??? They won't land this huge airplane just because there's a BIRD on the runway!!!" I was totally serious and it took me a number of minutes to realize what the captain meant. Thankfully, the inexperienced gal next to me was as naive as I was and we both got a good chuckle out of it!
US air on the Hudson proves BIRDS and AIRPLANES do not mix well at speed.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rogue lady
Who would have thunk?

Big Bird and Cookie Monster in their costumes in the middle of the run way..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.