"Drunks" causing commotion at Airline Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold

Number 3 in line at the shower desk at NRT RCC. Number 1 is explaining to the woman that he doesn't have a BP, normal collateral to get a shower room, or a passport. Offers her his entire wallet. She's happy to just write down his name and flight number.

He spends way too long yapping about nothing much in particular before finally leaving so the next guy can get his room.

Fast forward several minutes. I'm walking to my room (had to wait) and hear him yelling "is there soap" and then "are there razors" and then disbelief at the answer. Get in shower. Get out of shower. Guy is still yelling about who knows what. Then I hear, "shut up??? YOU shut up! Hey, why don't you come in here and tell me to shut up to my face...." and continued variations of the last bit.

By the time I got out, there was no sign of him. Honestly, I hope they didn't let him fly.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Reminds me of years ago at a big (legitimate) Thai massage in Phuket. Must have had 30 massage pads there, although few were actually in use. One of those places where they have a bunch of areas separated by curtains that don't go to the ceiling, so sound carries. I'm in there for a nice relaxing 2 hour massage, and this group of 3 guys come in later, and get pads somewhere across the aisle from me. They start yapping continually about business. I thought it would settle down in 5-10 minutes, but it didn't. It just kept going. Totally destroyed the tranquility and near-sleep state I was in before. So I gesture to my massage girl to deal with it and get them to shut up and be respectful of where they are. But this is Thailand, and a lowly massage girl can't do that to a customer. So fine, I'll deal with it myself.

This was not too long after 9/11, and I kind of like to keep a low profile overseas anyway about where I'm from. Some people seem to single out Americans for some reason. I don't normally swear publicly, but I made an exception in this case for effect. So I put on a good broken-English accent, used a gruff low voice, mis-used a few words, and tried on purpose to sound like somebody who might be a loose cannon and about ready to pop a bolt. I yelled over and said "Hey! This is massage, not business meeting! Be quiet over there . . . GD it!" To which I heard a sheepish voice call out "Sorry!" and the problem was completely solved. Not a peep out of them after. My massage girl looked at me (she was shocked at what I did) and we both covered our mouths and did our best to keep from busting out laughing.

Last edited by Sam Drucker; Jun 25, 2011 at 9:55 am
Old Jun 25, 2011, 4:32 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by 1111
Number 3 in line at the shower desk at NRT RCC. Number 1 is explaining to the woman that he doesn't have a BP, normal collateral to get a shower room, or a passport. Offers her his entire wallet. She's happy to just write down his name and flight number.

He spends way too long yapping about nothing much in particular before finally leaving so the next guy can get his room.

Fast forward several minutes. I'm walking to my room (had to wait) and hear him yelling "is there soap" and then "are there razors" and then disbelief at the answer. Get in shower. Get out of shower. Guy is still yelling about who knows what. Then I hear, "shut up??? YOU shut up! Hey, why don't you come in here and tell me to shut up to my face...." and continued variations of the last bit.

By the time I got out, there was no sign of him. Honestly, I hope they didn't let him fly.

What makes you think he was drunk ?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:37 am

Was at NRT last Dec. Two big fat white men with Texas Southern accents come out of the RCC drunk out of their minds, and start pestering the front desk agent why their flight to BKK is delayed. They are booked in F.

She does her best to look at her computer, but they both verbally abuse her - "fxxxing Chi"k eyes can't see the computer", "hurry up Jap". She isn't the typical matron, being very quiet and timid and almost looked like she was gonna start crying . It was clearly and painfully ovious she was in over her head and didnt know what to do. When they started making "Ching Chong" noises and then started pushing thngs over, myself and two others had enough watching these tools. we walked over and told the woman to call police/security. The two men were both belligerent, drunk embarrassments to humanity. sheer pond scum. Embarrassments to all Americans. Anyhow, we were all shocked but they were both told to simply both go wait by the gate. Anyhow, I saw them both get DENIED BOARDING at the gate. Internatiinal F passenger denied boarding. Never thought I'd see that... Sheer idiots.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Was at NRT last Dec. Two big fat white men with Texas Southern accents come out of the RCC drunk out of their minds, and start pestering the front desk agent why their flight to BKK is delayed. They are booked in F.

She does her best to look at her computer, but they both verbally abuse her - "fxxxing Chi"k eyes can't see the computer", "hurry up Jap". She isn't the typical matron, being very quiet and timid and almost looked like she was gonna start crying . It was clearly and painfully ovious she was in over her head and didnt know what to do. When they started making "Ching Chong" noises and then started pushing thngs over, myself and two others had enough watching these tools. we walked over and told the woman to call police/security. The two men were both belligerent, drunk embarrassments to humanity. sheer pond scum. Embarrassments to all Americans. Anyhow, we were all shocked but they were both told to simply both go wait by the gate. Anyhow, I saw them both get DENIED BOARDING at the gate. Internatiinal F passenger denied boarding. Never thought I'd see that... Sheer idiots.
Damn! This is why people hate Americans sometimes. Arg!
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Originally Posted by edcho
Nah, just Texans.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Gold
I'm glad the French, Japanese, Italians, etc... never get drunk and/or misbehave in public.

I am not a big world traveler like lots of folks here, but have been to my share of foreign countries and I rarely find anyone anti-American specifically. I think we build a lot of it up in our own heads.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Nah, just Texans.
And this is why I hate being a Texan
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Nah, just Texans.
Hold on there, part'nr, I don't find that generally true about Texans at all. I think these were a couple of outliers. Texans that can't hold their drink is scandalous in and of itself. However, boorishness knows no national boundaries.

Originally Posted by Bushdog
I'm glad the French, Japanese, Italians, etc... never get drunk and/or misbehave in public.

I am not a big world traveler like lots of folks here, but have been to my share of foreign countries and I rarely find anyone anti-American specifically. I think we build a lot of it up in our own heads.
I agree. In decades of traveling, I also rarely meet actual anti-American persons. Sometimes I think Americans have been conditioned to be hyper-sensitive about this when it is unwarranted. In Asia, I've had a slightly chilly reception at local establishments sometimes until it's ascertained I'm not X or Y in nationality (I will leave out identities of X and Y but they are in Europe), then everything warms up to normal.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
No, we just hate idiot Americans like mr.bathroom or mr.texas checkin.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jiejie
Hold on there, part'nr, I don't find that generally true about Texans at all. I think these were a couple of outliers. Texans that can't hold their drink is scandalous in and of itself. However, boorishness knows no national boundaries.
A little tongue in cheek was all. In my years living in CO there was always an animosity towards Texans, but they all seemed to be the same as everyone else. Idiots and tourons (tourist + moron) come from lots of different places.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG Gold
It is hard to believe there are still hicks like those (Mr Tex at NRT) out and about. They must be really proud of the fact that they almost brought the lady at the desk to tears. One of the key points most people make about travel in Japan is the outstanding service given.

Probably to this day they are still whining to anyone who will listen about how terrible it is to travel in the big wide world.

They sound absolutely cringe-worthy.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
I can neither deny nor deny that Mr. Bathroom was indeed booked on the flight to IAH.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:07 pm

I call BS on this whole story.

The best part is the Texas Southern accent. Not a Texan accent, not a Southern accent...but a double whammy of Texas Southern. If you're going to make things up, make them believable.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by jiejie

I agree. In decades of traveling, I also rarely meet actual anti-American persons. Sometimes I think Americans have been conditioned to be hyper-sensitive about this when it is unwarranted. In Asia, I've had a slightly chilly reception at local establishments sometimes until it's ascertained I'm not X or Y in nationality (I will leave out identities of X and Y but they are in Europe), then everything warms up to normal.
Exactly. Americnas have been led to believe that they are universally despised and exasebated by made up stories like the Texas Southern talkin' eeeeevil raaaccisssst travelers mentioned above.

In reality here and here is how Americans are perceived.

"Germans were the most popular holiday makers, followed by Americans - who also give the biggest tips. "

But keep this on the down low. Wouldn't want to confuse anyone with the facts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.