Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Drunks" causing commotion at Airline Clubs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Texas. America didn't want them. Mexico couldn't keep them. They couldn't govern themselves. So we had to take them.
I once saw a great line in The Economist, it said something along the lines of, "Texans speak of seceding from the US as Britons talk about the weather, they talk big, but never do anything about it."
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Was at NRT last Dec. Two big fat white men with Texas Southern accents come out of the RCC drunk out of their minds, and start pestering the front desk agent why their flight to BKK is delayed. They are booked in F.

She does her best to look at her computer, but they both verbally abuse her - "fxxxing Chi"k eyes can't see the computer", "hurry up Jap". She isn't the typical matron, being very quiet and timid and almost looked like she was gonna start crying . It was clearly and painfully ovious she was in over her head and didnt know what to do. When they started making "Ching Chong" noises and then started pushing thngs over, myself and two others had enough watching these tools. we walked over and told the woman to call police/security. The two men were both belligerent, drunk embarrassments to humanity. sheer pond scum. Embarrassments to all Americans. Anyhow, we were all shocked but they were both told to simply both go wait by the gate. Anyhow, I saw them both get DENIED BOARDING at the gate. Internatiinal F passenger denied boarding. Never thought I'd see that... Sheer idiots.
This is one of the saddest stories of its type Iīve seen posted here (the part about the abuse, not the part about the denied boarding, which is not sad at all). I donīt understand why people - drunk or otherwise - see fit to abuse people who are essentially working to help them.

I was in a Delta Sky Club in Atlanta a month or so ago for several hours and I had observed a very abusive older chap loudly and inexplicably berating one staffer at the desk about the fact that he would not reset the SC's internet for him (the staffer very patiently gave him the tech support card and explained what to do).

Almost at the same time, the head of household of a family of four was berating the other staffer because he was not eligible to enter the club ("but last time I travelled I was able to use the club"). He was just nasty and unpleasant in front of his entire family.

I was next in line and both agents were free and I looked at both and said "On behalf of my fellow passengers, I must apologize for what you both were subjected to." Their upset faces turned to smiles. I was glad to have eased the pain caused by the unnecessary abuse but it was all so senseless.

(For the record, neither seemed to be a DYKWIA.)
Old Jul 7, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I've heard from people who've worked in the service industry in other countries (including Canada) that they generally get excited when they see American customers come in the door, thanks to our reputation for over-tipping.

I have definitely noticed an uptick in boorish behaviour compared to 2000/2001, and observe more of this per capita in airline clubs than in areas open to the general public.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:41 am

Americans in genaral are very much liked in Europe. Many of us admire your strong work ethics, your companies, brands, entertainment, wonders of your nature, food, language etc. The problem might be that everyone has an opinion about Americans, as youīre so many. And most have an opinion about your politics, wars, use of natural resources etc. Is that a bad thing? I donīt think so. You should be proud that people care and know so much about your country. Coming from a very small country, most people have no idea how Finland is and therefore I donīt ever need to be ashamed or need to justify anything or answer any awkward questions of our politics etc, but as a whole itīs only bad for our country to be so unknown.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jspira
This is one of the saddest stories of its type Iīve seen posted here (the part about the abuse, not the part about the denied boarding, which is not sad at all). I donīt understand why people - drunk or otherwise - see fit to abuse people who are essentially working to help them.
+1 ^

I was in a Delta Sky Club in Atlanta a month or so ago for several hours and I had observed a very abusive older chap loudly and inexplicably berating one staffer at the desk about the fact that he would not reset the SC's internet for him (the staffer very patiently gave him the tech support card and explained what to do).

Almost at the same time, the head of household of a family of four was berating the other staffer because he was not eligible to enter the club ("but last time I travelled I was able to use the club"). He was just nasty and unpleasant in front of his entire family.

I was next in line and both agents were free and I looked at both and said "On behalf of my fellow passengers, I must apologize for what you both were subjected to." Their upset faces turned to smiles. I was glad to have eased the pain caused by the unnecessary abuse but it was all so senseless.

(For the record, neither seemed to be a DYKWIA.)
But they were certainly DBs
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Americans in genaral are very much liked in Europe. Many of us admire your strong work ethics, your companies, brands, entertainment, wonders of your nature, food, language etc. The problem might be that everyone has an opinion about Americans, as youīre so many. And most have an opinion about your politics, wars, use of natural resources etc. Is that a bad thing? I donīt think so. You should be proud that people care and know so much about your country. Coming from a very small country, most people have no idea how Finland is and therefore I donīt ever need to be ashamed or need to justify anything or answer any awkward questions of our politics etc, but as a whole itīs only bad for our country to be so unknown.
I'd be surprised if 50% of my fellow Americans could point Finland on the map unfortunately.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
I assume you forgot to put that button into your post. Some simple minded folks might take it for real.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Texas. America didn't want them. Mexico couldn't keep them. They couldn't govern themselves. So we had to take them.
We Albertans feel isolated from the rest of Canada..

just like the Texans..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.