Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to Israel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

LAX to Israel

Any recommendation for the best miles/airline for this route? Thank you!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by rwalia99
Any recommendation for the best miles/airline for this route? Thank you!
El Al is the only nonstop - you can use AA miles for it.

CO/UA fly through EWR.

US flies through PHL.

Otherwise, you can also try going on LX/LH/BA/IB/TK/AF... they all go through their respective home countries. Generally, they involve a full day stopover (meaning arrive in the morning/early afternoon and take a red-eye late night to TLV). Except for AF which has a flight that arrives late afternoon and early evening onward journey to TLV.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

LAX/ATL/TLV on DL works well.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
LAX/ATL/TLV on DL works well.
Correct... I forgot about DL. Sorry.

Per another thread I just noticed, DL will not be flying that route for the dates of Oct. 29-March 26, so if your flights are in that time period, you would have to take DL LAX-JFK-TLV.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EliteLAX
El Al is the only nonstop - you can use AA miles for it.

CO/UA fly through EWR.

US flies through PHL.

Otherwise, you can also try going on LX/LH/BA/IB/TK/AF... they all go through their respective home countries. Generally, they involve a full day stopover (meaning arrive in the morning/early afternoon and take a red-eye late night to TLV). Except for AF which has a flight that arrives late afternoon and early evening onward journey to TLV.

Enjoy!
Thanks for all the replies. For First or Business Class, any idea how many miles I would need? Delta is probably not an option for me since I don't have many Skymiles, but UA/US/AA are all miles I collect. I've never flown El Al, are their premium cabins good? Thanks so much!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

If you can find award seats on any of its partners, AA would require 67.5K miles each way in Business. Depending on the routing and the carriers used, you could also get a free stopover at the North American "gateway," on the outbound and/or the return.

Or, for only 130,000 AA miles, you could get a Business Class "oneworld" award, which would permit up to 20,000 flown miles, and allow for multiple stopovers. A routing like lax-ord-amm-tlv-bud-jfk-lax would work, but you could actually make some additional stops too, if desired.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: NZ Silver+Exec Club Blue+Priority Club
Originally Posted by rwalia99
I've never flown El Al, are their premium cabins good? Thanks so much!
I cant comment personally, however the guys and gals on the Matmid subforum seem pretty scathing of premium cabins on El Al.

Id like to fly them and see for myself. If you do use them ex-LAX you'll see first hand the 'no stone left unturned' security they're famous for. Walking around TBIT with some time to kill I lingered too long near the check in area, politely order to move, the gun the guy was packing was intense!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by milan luka
I cant comment personally, however the guys and gals on the Matmid subforum seem pretty scathing of premium cabins on El Al.

Id like to fly them and see for myself. If you do use them ex-LAX you'll see first hand the 'no stone left unturned' security they're famous for. Walking around TBIT with some time to kill I lingered too long near the check in area, politely order to move, the gun the guy was packing was intense!
Just the other day there was a thread in the LY forum regarding seats to Israel, go take a look to see there (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al...hansa-tlv.html).

I personally like the nonstop from LAX because of its convenience and think the J seat is not too bad.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Try AC via YYZ. 1 1/2 hour stopover, 8am out of LAX, 2 hour stopover, 12:30pm out of TLV.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:48 pm

british airways if you don't mind a stop. el al is the only option for nonstop, but it will run a few hundred more
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by thegreathabibi
british airways if you don't mind a stop. el al is the only option for nonstop, but it will run a few hundred more
The stop on BA (as well as most of the European carriers) is a brutal one, but doable... I just did it not that long ago. We spent the day in London.

It is very tiring though... 2 overnight flights with a long long layover in the middle. You really have to be up for it to fly the European flights (or perhaps make a night of it and sleep in LHR/CDG/FRA/MUC/ZRH and do it that way).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:59 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by EliteLAX
Otherwise, you can also try going on LX/LH/BA/IB/TK/AF... they all go through their respective home countries. Generally, they involve a full day stopover
AZ also flies that route, with a 10hr stop in Rome.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:05 pm

just bought a ticket from tlv to lax in august and around 1600$ with air canada layover is only a couple hours, i'll let you know how she liked to flight....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.