Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any good deals on airport lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any good deals on airport lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by k2o
@mintman, do you have any experience with this card? I just browsed their website and this seems like decent price to pay for PP access.
I'm not too familiar with lounge regs, it seems like the US lounges allow for cardholder to bring a guest or 2 and the Itn'l don't. Is this the norm?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...meriprise.html

It's an amazing card for those that travel alot, above and beyond just the lounge benefits
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
On the PriorityPass website they're currently offering 10% off all three membership tiers.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by eastnortheast
If you do a lot of international (e.g. non-US) travel, Diners Club offers access to a number of various airline lounges worldwide. Not so good if you are in the US, but good for trips overseas where one is flying Y class and may not have access otherwise.
If OP is based in US, he/she cannot obtain a Diners Club Card. Diners Club in US stopped accepting new cardmembers over a year ago
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:57 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Originally Posted by denCSA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...meriprise.html

It's an amazing card for those that travel alot, above and beyond just the lounge benefits
Thanks for the link, Den, this card looks like it worth the fee. People look pretty happy with it too. That says a lot.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mintman10
Have you tried the Ameriprise WorldElite mastercard. The annual fee is $150, and it includes a PP card, and also a PP card for each authorized user you add on the card. And its a higher level of priority pass, equivalent to the AMEX platinum.

The $150 fee can be waived with a certain spend, but i'm not sure.

http://banking-credit.ameriprise.com...mastercard.asp
what a good card, so it is hard to get approved?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aussieflyer
Amex Platinum CC will get you into US, Delta, AA and CO (for now) lounges.
Yeah, the annual fee is just a little bit high
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:24 pm

There was one with BoA too which i can't seem to remember. Any one here?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 3:16 pm

Bank of America/Merill Lynch Accolades

Bank of America has an Accolades Card. I have tried it and since cancelled as they imposed the $299 fee and PriorityPass was the Standard Plus version where only 10 lounge visits were credited. The secondary account holder could not get an additional PP card from what I understood.

You needed to have $500,000 in Wealth Management at BOFA in order for the fee to be waived and Amex is not as prominent as Visa and MC.

Now that I found the Ameriprise Card its better news in more ways than one. First of all the annual fee is $150 and can be waived if you spend $15,000 a year or have enough funds in Ameriprise to be part of their Circle Program. Now $15,000 is quite easy to attain considering we make large purchases on the credit card for insurance etc.

The second benefit is both the Primary and Secondary Cardholder get PP and that alone is worth $399 as its the unlimited version. I consider that if one were to go to an airport lounge it usually is $50 per visit so that would mean in 3 uses the card pays for itself. I would rather pay $150 to get unlimited PriorityPass access to the clubs as the guest fee is waived. If a traveling partner wanted to come with me they would pay $50 too so there we go $100 so for $50 more we both get PP.

Another benefit is the Concierge and access to Michelin Guides and special events. And having the security that MC is accepted where Visa is in most situations it beats AMEX.

Considering the Foreign Transaction Fee is 2 percent vs none with AMEX this is a minute detail since it would not be worth paying $300-$500 annual fees for a card you can get for less. AMEX is just a selling tactic in my opinion. If AMEX were to lower the fees to be competitive then I would reconsider getting AMEX but at this point in time the MC fits the bill.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:15 pm

Moving to TravelBuzz!, as this has nothing to do with miles.

Aviators99
MilesBuzz!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:35 pm

CITI just came up with their improved version of the premier pass world elite card, the new one is called CITI THANKYOU PRESTIGE CARD with flight points and lounge access but the fee is steep $500.00. More then even AMEX but i guess they have to offset the cost of the flight points some how.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:19 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Many lounges, especially in the US, offer day-passes for something like $30-50. This is not necessarily the best choice if you're travelling with other people (e.g. spouse & kids), as each person usually has to buy a pass. Priority Pass might be an option if you're going to use it more than a few times a year, or if the lounges you want access to do not sell day-passes.

Some airlines also sell short-term memberships, but these are often limited. US, for example, sells a 90-day membership for $120, but it only allows access to US Airways Clubs (not UA or CO clubs). DL sells a 30-day pass for $90, and it includes some access to parter lounges.

This is a bit late, but in Sept. US had a 3-day sale on US Club membership ($249 and no initiation fee), which gives one access to US, CO, and UA clubs. I bought it and have to say it was totally worth it (using about 10 times per month).
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:35 pm

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
TTERVOOREN, not all PP are created equal. How many entrances does your PP give you each year. I have a PP card from Citi Premier Pass Card. I have never have to use it because I have President Club membership and Am Ex Platinum card, and I am Star Gold. I believe the version of PP card I have cost about $27 per person per entry. I would like to verify.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this. We've been traveling. We got ours with our Ameriprise Credit card. I called (I don't remember if it was Ameriprise or Priority Pass) when I got the PP card in March and was told there was no limit on the number of times we could use the PP card and there was no charge for entry. I've used it at probably 10 lounges since March and have never been charged for entry for myself or my guests. Annual fee is $150 and I've just added another authorized user to see if they will issue three PP cards for one Ameriprise card.
Anyway, I really like the PP card and the $150 fee from Ameriprise is very reasonable for two people to have lounge access for a year...and I'll let you know if we get the third.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.