Wiki Posts
Search

Free vip lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: United. American
Smile Free vip lounge access

I just want to know if there is anyway to get a card or a pass or coupon to get inside vip lounges on airports around the world.??
i heard prioritypass has some free cards for owners of credit cards of certains banks, is that true?
How can i find at leastr free access?

thnks
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: United, Delta
Not really free, most of those credit cards will have an annual fee or you need to meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for the benefit (ie deposit of a certain amount or spending a certain amount.

For example, Citi Amex Platinum has PriorityPass membership along with 3 visits a year. However the card has a $99 annual fee.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 9:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having been in a bunch of airline clubs, I don't think I'd call them "VIP lounges!" But they are nicer than sitting out at the gate.

I don't think there is generally any free access to these clubs unless you are flying on an international business or first class ticket, and then only on the days you are actually flying.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
If there was really a free way to get access you face two issues:

If it is restricted, why would those meeting the restrictions share the secret with the rest of us?

If it isn't restricted, wouldn't we all do it?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:25 pm
Suspended

There are real vip lounges. The card you need to get in there, depends, have a look at your business cards...
Would help if you have been identified either by an airline or a country as a commercial vip, a foreign dignitary or member of royalty or even a movie star...
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Become friends with the club matrons.

But seriously, the closest you can get to free access is the Saks World Elite Mastercard, which has no annual fee and gets you Priority Pass membership, but you still have to pay $27 or so per visit. Delta also offers a 30-day temporary membership for $90, which, while not free, is a great deal, especially when traveling a lot in a short period of time or with family, who can join you in the lounge for free.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 2:10 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
There are many credit card deals (especially Visa/Amex Plat level etc) where Priority Pass is supplied for free. However in fact it is only a standard membership plan cost of Priority Pass which is waived (cost around $/EUR 100 otherwise), you still have to pay for each visit ($26 or $27 currently).

Priority Pass also has advanced membership levels where a certain amount of visits or even all visits are covered withing annual cost, but I haven't seen (yet) those plans are supplied for free with credit card deals. Also those credit cards are usually $100+ annual fee depending of your country and bank, although they usually come with a decent travel insurance package which partly of fully offsets the cost (if you travel a lot).

p.s. most of Priority Pass accessable lounges are very basic.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:38 am

The priority pass just lost all of the Delta lounges recently. Basically all they have left is Continental Clubs in the US and those are restricted to certain terminals. I looked into it but its not that good anymore. Here is a link to 20% off the annual fee on it. They have a decent selection for international thogh

http://www.prioritypass.com/em/ea0408j
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Priority Pass is probably your best bet if you don't have any allegiance to any particular airline or alliance. But even that it appears is of dubious value.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by levych
i heard prioritypass has some free cards for owners of credit cards of certains banks, is that true?
These two threads may be helpful if you want to learn more about Priority Pass:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ed-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...t-lounges.html
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Here is a detailed list of how to get lounge access for 'free'. Remember the old saying: "There is no such thing as a free lounge..."
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/unroad...lounge-access/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.