FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
US Visa Waiver Forms (I-94W) To Be Eliminated

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1274366942074.shtm
Old May 26, 2010, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Wow just over 18 months late (assuming the change really does happen late US summer 2010).
Old May 26, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I actually never thought they'd do it. That's one small step for man..and a giant step for DHS. Go, Janet, Go!
Old May 26, 2010, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Hallelujah ! The optimist in me hopes that this "CBP will activate automated processing for U.S. airports on a rolling basis over the next several months." means that it will start at some airports sooner rather than later.
Old May 26, 2010, 2:16 pm

Indeed. Great news! Now to find out the implementation timetable...
Old May 26, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, LH Miles & More, AF/KLM Flying Blue, Le Club Accorhotels, Tesco Clubcard
I posted about this myself over on the BA forum recently.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ater-year.html

I'm very glad they finally got round to this - it seemed a very onerous and outdated way of doing things - not to mention the environmental aspect (on my last entry in to PHL, the CBP officer had my green visa waiver form and my customs card in front of him - looked down at them and said 'what a waste of paper!').

However, the I94s (white - for visa holders) - will still be floating about as I understand.

I assume that going forward they will monitor all departures via airline information? I'm curious however how this will work for crossing from the USA into Canada via the land border - under the current system the Canadian official takes your green I94W stub. How will they know under the new system that you've not overstayed your 90 days when leaving the US in future under this method?
Old May 27, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
It was hard for me to believe that in this day and age, they were depending on paper.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by u2fan
It was hard for me to believe that in this day and age, they were depending on paper.
Flying into RAK last summer, the agent had to hand enter all info including name and passport number. They didn't have any of the electronic readers like every other port of entry I've ever been to has. Needless to say, since the guy could only peck type, it took forever.

I suppose I would expect the US to be a bit more advanced than Morocco when it comes to such matters though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.