Wiki Posts
Search

Day Passes to Airport Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Question Day Passes to Airport Lounges

Hello fellow travelers,

I'm heading on an overseas trip next month, flying from JFK to BLR (via Doha) on Qatar Airways. I'll be flying economy class, but as I'm planning to arrive at the airport hours before my flights, I'm interested in purchasing a day pass to one of the airline lounges at JFK (and in Bangalore, if available - although it sounds like day passes aren't offered there).

Do any of you have any experience with purchasing day passes to lounges? Can you buy them at the airport, or do you have to buy them in advance? Can you buy a pass for one airline's lounge even if you're flying on a different airline? And finally, which lounges would you recommend in the international terminals based on price and amenities?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by shaytressa
Hello fellow travelers,

I'm heading on an overseas trip next month, flying from JFK to BLR (via Doha) on Qatar Airways. I'll be flying economy class, but as I'm planning to arrive at the airport hours before my flights, I'm interested in purchasing a day pass to one of the airline lounges at JFK (and in Bangalore, if available - although it sounds like day passes aren't offered there).

Do any of you have any experience with purchasing day passes to lounges? Can you buy them at the airport, or do you have to buy them in advance? Can you buy a pass for one airline's lounge even if you're flying on a different airline? And finally, which lounges would you recommend in the international terminals based on price and amenities?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I've been in the Star Alliance lounge at Bangalore. Frankly, they should pay you to wander in. It isn't worth your trouble and certainly not worth paying for. I'm not familiar with JFK, but my general comment is that there are very, very few airport lounges worth paying ANYTHING for. Why are you asking? Do you have long layovers? Im finding most airports have wireless for free now, so the only amenity I get in the lounges is a can of warm ginger ale.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Can you buy them at the airport, or do you have to buy them in advance?
On most US airlines you can buy them at the airport or in advance. Im, not familiar with every foreign carrier at JFK however. I usually get access through status or J fares, so I'm not sure if you can buy a pass for every lounge. You will have to investigate which lounges sell passes, unless some others can shed some light on the issue.

Since you mentioned that you're flying QR, that puts you in T4 at JFK. There are a number of lounge choices for you there.

• Air India Maharaja Lounge
• El Al King David Lounge
• Emirates Lounge
• KLM Oasis Lounge
• The Lounge www.theloungejfk.com
• Virgin Clubhouse Lounge
• Swiss Lounge (PDF with pics)

Here's a map of where said lounges are located

Lounge Map

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; Apr 13, 2010 at 7:46 pm
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the feedback!

The reason I'm asking is that I expect I'll be at the airports hours before my flights depart. I'll be heading to JFK after visiting family in Pennsylvania (not sure yet if I'll be getting a ride or going by bus), so I plan to leave early in case there is any traffic -- I'd rather spend a few extra hours at the airport than risk cutting it too close. As for Bangalore, my flight leaves around 4:30am -- it didn't seem worth it to pay for another night's hotel if I have to leave for the airport at 1:30 or so. So it would be nice to have someplace relatively quiet and comfy to relax, charge my electronics, check email, and have a drink or snack before the flight.

Again, thank you both for your input, and thanks in advance to anyone else who may have info or advice to share!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.