Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are Y Class pax more handsome than J Class pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa

Sitting in the MLL waiting for the 856 to LHR having just arrived in Y from YVR. trying to be my usual discreet self, I could not help noticing what a handsome bunch we were in Y compared to up front! Is this my imagination or what? Anyone made similar observations?
I'm travelling in J on the 856 so we'll see if that cabin beats out the masses in the back......
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
Sitting in the MLL waiting for the 856 to LHR having just arrived in Y from YVR. trying to be my usual discreet self, I could not help noticing what a handsome bunch we were in Y compared to up front! Is this my imagination or what? Anyone made similar observations?
I'm travelling in J on the 856 so we'll see if that cabin beats out the masses in the back......
I hear you man, when I am sitting in Y, it seems that it's the most handsome and GQ part of the plane
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure what criteria are used to measure handsomeness.

But obviously there are those people who believe flying is such a big deal that they need to dress up for their economy flight. So you get all these bimbos and their high heels in Y. Doing the best they can to make themselves uncomfortable, but soo fancy.

While us, we mostly focus upon making ourselves comfortable for the night.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Originally Posted by Stranger
Not sure what criteria are used to measure handsomeness.

But obviously there are those people who believe flying is such a big deal that they need to dress up for their economy flight. So you get all these bimbos and their high heels in Y. Doing the best they can to make themselves uncomfortable, but soo fancy.

While us, we mostly focus upon making ourselves comfortable for the night.
Comfortable, I agree with. Looking like you are on your way to the gym, unacceptable. If you are flying in J while wearing any type of pant with a wide white stripe down the leg, a drawstring waist or any nature of Lululemon gear, you should reevalaute your life choices.

As to the original topic, I agree that Y is a much better looking bunch, especially in Rows 12-15....
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: Horrorplan/Priceline Junkie
I'm suddenly reminded of an old Cheers episode where Sam - after having a dream/getting relationship advice from someone looking like Elvis - tells Rebecca in his best Elvis voice "You're a handsome woman." LOL!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
is it because 90%+ of J is middle aged or older men?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
+1
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:54 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
Thank you for starting this topic!

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. My only complaint with Delta free upgrades is that first class is invariably stuffed paunchy pasty types...I can only sigh as all the hot guys wander by to squeeze themselves in next to each other in Y. The things I give up to get a free microwave dinner and cheap vodka.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Comfortable, I agree with. Looking like you are on your way to the gym, unacceptable. If you are flying in J while wearing any type of pant with a wide white stripe down the leg, a drawstring waist or any nature of Lululemon gear, you should reevalaute your life choices.
Hmm, all the world's top airlines provide flight clothes (like ANA) or PJs (Lufthansa, Singapore, Air France, etc.) for First Class passengers that fit this description... I don't know about you, but I fly to enjoy a trip in comfort, to sleep, eat, and get work done in privacy. I don't really care what people are dressed in, and I'd prefer if they can't see me either. That's why I fell in love with Emirates on my last trip...
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Ah, but we do not have the First Class Hairdos
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:39 pm

Programs: Earned: AC SE, AA PLT - Comped: DL PLT, Avis PC, Hertz Platinum
I've found the answer usually depends on the cabin I'm traveling in.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Sure. This said, I have seen people changing before going to sleep. Back before landing.

I travel either in jeans, or in somewhat baggy linen pants. Mainly because they are comfortable to sleep in. More so than jeans.

And no, not all of us middle age males are paunchy. Neither is my wife.
Swimming half a mile every day helps I guess.

She also travel comfortable rather than dressy BTW. And packs even lighter than I do.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: status-free
On a flight about a month back, I noticed that the people around me were better looking than usual. I realized it was because somebody else had booked the ticket for me, and I wasn't sitting in row 12 for a change. E/SEs are not a pretty sight...

<prepares for barrage of "speak for yourself" comments>
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biglinguist

<prepares for barrage of "speak for yourself" comments>
Speak for yourself.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
This thread is beginning to sound like a gay Cruize flight fantasy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.