Wiki Posts
Search

Wider than the Aisle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Wider than the Aisle

was on a recent CO flight and the flight attendant could not walk through the aisle without hitting everyone in an aisle seat on the arm. She was just too wide physically. First time I have ever seen this.

I know the Asian based airlines have requirements for flight attendants, such as age and weight, but do the US based carriers have anything like this?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:01 am

Of course not, that would be discrimination! If a pax can take up 2 seats, why not an employee?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by mike_asia
I know the Asian based airlines have requirements for flight attendants, such as age and weight, but do the US based carriers have anything like this?
US carriers require that flight attendants be able to execute the safety-related duties for which they are primarily respobsible. They need to be able to open doors/window exits in an emergency, evacuate passengers, etc.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Originally Posted by mike_asia
Never been on a US based carrier but from reading these boards I know that they have to be at least 50.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Mr H
Never been on a US based carrier but from reading these boards I know that they have to be at least 50.
Made me spill my coffee...
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr H
Ha ha, someone took their funny pills today. That is very funny. ^
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Seems like a safety hazard to me, in an emergency no one could by her in the aisle
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:10 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Time to lock this one up.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.