Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with MileTracker??

Anyone else having problems with MileTracker??

Old Sep 22, 2005, 10:16 am
Original Member

DeskPort has still not been updated, so I guess I'll switch to the standalone version. I sent them one last email asking if they had given up.

QL
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I need a little advice from you Technology Wizards. I have been pleased with MileTracker for a couple of years. I converted to the USA program when it became available.

Last night I rebooted my computer. When next I launched MileTracker none of my accounts are visible and the screen says:

No users and/or accounts have been added. Click the "Setup / edit users & accounts" tab above in order to add them

How do I restore my data? I took a look at the FAQ's but didn't see a remedy. I am not very tech savvy, though.

I have the files: "MileTracker.settings" and "MileTracker.history" in my USA TODAY MileTracker folder, but the program will not launch with my data. Can anyone help please?

Thanks so much,
paradocs
Old Oct 3, 2005, 4:25 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
paradocs -- similar to #24 above...

As you've found the program directory; check the filedates of those -5- files as mentioned -- if they're not so recent (ie, since the program crapped out), the info *may* be salvagable. Peek at them with notepad or other text editor, to verify.
If the dates are 'new', it's a fair bet that the data is overwritten, and you'll be re-entering...

Good Luck.
/.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond
Hilton HHonors has changed their website. I reported to USA Today Miletracker. Received a nice e-mail acknowledging the issue and promising an update in the near future.

For free the product can not be beat. BTW, I use Zone Alarm and have not had any issues. After each MileTracker update, Zone Alarm notices and asks for my approval for the program to access the internet.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
CaveatEmpty : Thanks very much for the instructions!

Our Computer (Geek) Consultant found it in my recycle bin. That's weird because I didn't think I sent it there. It had been there about 24 hours and when I asked to retrieve account balances MileTracker must have scanned back over a couple of months. I had all sorts of activity show up.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 1:11 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Tonight when I ran MileTracker it was like most times these days: it seems increasingly unable to actually get balances. The following show yet again with the lastest check as "N/A" -- AS, AA, Amtrak, BestWestern, ChoicePrivileges, DL, EPoll (why do I bother ), GoldPoints, HA, MyPoints, Starwood.

I would be HAPPY to pay for this program if it worked more consistently, but don't even see that option in the program.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Last week Miletracker lost all of my data (see post #32 - misery loves company) and of course the new session overwrote the historical "backup" data. To top it off, I discovered that the Windows XP "Backup" program did not save the data to my jump drive (E so I am SOL.

Fortunately it is not terribly time consuming to re-enter all of the accounts. But very frustrating for us Miletracker junkies.

Moral of story: Copy the Miletracker "backup file" to another drive if you want to save yourself a hassle when the program throws a hissy fit. This is not the first time this has happened.

P.S. Please fix Hilton ASAP!!!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:47 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Well, something seems to be fixed this morning. Program runs VERY fast and most of the ones that were showing N/A are now correct.

Hilton HHonors and MyPoints are still bumfuzzled though.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:11 pm

Well, I spoke too soon. Latest check has 11 of the 22 accounts I track coming back as "N/A"
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:07 am

It's time to move on. This used to be a nice piece of software. Now it's just junk. The retrieval I just tried show all my accounts except one as "N/A"

Thinking that maybe the ad-crap was required for it to work well, I even disabled my hosts file (which blocks lots of ad servers) but it made no difference.

And I don't think anyone with MileTracker reads this thread or particularly cares, anyway.

As I have said before, I'd pay for a version that actually worked.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:38 am
Original Member

The USA version works perfectly for me. I abandoned the Deskport one.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by QuietLion
The USA version works perfectly for me.....
Same here.

http://www.milesandpoints.de - same program - works/looks even better.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond
HHonors is now working.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Angry

Not for me it isnt
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:46 pm

By tweaking some of the settings in Setup, I was able to make it do a little better. Might be worth playing around with.

I was finally able to get HHonors to work, but still no MyPoints.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.