map whakojacko
map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

FlightMemory

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Weird...

Just for fun, I accessed www.flugstatistik.com and entered my account and password. I got someone else's information (The same person) three straight times.

Hmmm....
Old Dec 23, 2008, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Weird...

Just for fun, I accessed www.flugstatistik.com and entered my account and password. I got someone else's information (The same person) three straight times.

Hmmm....
I just checked - if I login to your account on FlugStatistik the German Terms of Service appear - as long as you do not accept them, you cannot get to your stats.
So it either was a bug or maybe you confused the German yesterday-map with a users stats? I am not sure...let me know, if it occurs again.
Normally each user can login on both sites...
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Here's a question for the populace:

This past weekend, I was booked on a Delta Connection (opb Mesaba) CRJ-900 from MSP to SLC. Boarding pass had a DL flight number, checked in at the DL counter, flight was handled by DL staff, etc. (trying to make it clear this was a DL flight).

Now, Mesaba is a new DL Connection carrier - they only have 1-2 CRJs painted in DL c/s - the rest are in NW c/s. So I get on the plane, which is painted in NW colors. F/A refers to the flight as a NW Airlink flight. WorldTraveler is in the seatback pocket. Looks like it'll be NW service on board.

However, there were some weight and balance issues, and being the FTer that I am, opted to give up 500 EQMs and 1000 RDMs for a confirmed F seat via CVG and a $400 voucher (I figure $400 can get me a lot more than 500 EQMs/1000 RDMs).

However, would you record this as a DL flight or a NW flight in your FlightMemory? It's possible another situation like this might occur this weekend, since I'm probably going to take another DL Connection/Mesaba flight from SLC to MSP this weekend.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
However, there were some weight and balance issues, and being the FTer that I am, opted to give up 500 EQMs and 1000 RDMs for a confirmed F seat via CVG and a $400 voucher (I figure $400 can get me a lot more than 500 EQMs/1000 RDMs).

However, would you record this as a DL flight or a NW flight in your FlightMemory? It's possible another situation like this might occur this weekend, since I'm probably going to take another DL Connection/Mesaba flight from SLC to MSP this weekend.
I wouldn't record it at all if I didn't take the flight.

Did the flight also carry a NW flight number? If so, I would probably record it as a NW flight, but I think it's down to personal preference.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by DLfan
I wouldn't record it at all if I didn't take the flight.
I'm not recording that flight since I didn't take it, but I'm prepping myself in case the same situation arises on Sunday at SLC - my guess is that it'll be a NW Airlink painted plane sitting at the gate, not the DL painted plane (strictly a numbers thing).

I guess I'll wait to see what the inflight service is. If it's Pepsi products and meals in F, then I'll call it NW. If it's Coke and snack basket, then I'll call it DL.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:00 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by mersk862
However, would you record this as a DL flight or a NW flight in your FlightMemory?
I would suggest the following for consistency:
  1. Regular flights: As-Is
  2. True Codeshares: Record under operating carrier code & flight number
  3. Pseudo-Codeshares & Wet Leases: Record under the marketing carrier code & flight number

Your case (DL, operated by a XJ pseudo-codeshare) would fall under scenario #3.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by KVS
I would suggest the following for consistency:
  1. Regular flights: As-Is
  2. True Codeshares: Record under operating carrier code & flight number
  3. Pseudo-Codeshares & Wet Leases: Record under the marketing carrier code & flight number

Your case (DL, operated by a XJ pseudo-codeshare) would fall under scenario #3.
I've been doing #1 and #2 as KVS described, but for #3, I've been recording under the wet lease carrier's code and flight number.

It's not a perfect solution, since it screws up the statistics of number of miles/segments on a given airline, but recording it under the marketing carrier isn't a perfect solution either.

Perhaps the FlightMemory guy[s] can add a codeshare field to the flight data entry page (haha...yet MORE data to enter!! ), which will allow you to generate statistics for total mileage by marketing carrier and total mileage by operating carrier.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 1:25 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
I've been doing #1 and #2 as KVS described, but for #3, I've been recording under the wet lease carrier's code and flight number.
But there may be no other flight number to reference. In fact, the pseudo-codeshare/wet lease carrier may not even have an assigned IATA code (e.g. Ted, PSA, Piedmont).
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by KVS
But there may be no other flight number to reference. In fact, the pseudo-codeshare/wet lease carrier may not even have an assigned IATA code (e.g. Ted, PSA, Piedmont).
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood the term "wet lease." After reading up on it more, then yes, your way makes sense.

What I meant to say is that for a "true codeshare"--i.e. booking a flight through DL but flying a leg on AS--I will put the AS flight on my FlightMemory. For a regional feeder carrier codesharing under a major airline (i.e. an F8 flight marketed by DL), I'll put the F8 flight number on my FlightMemory.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:14 pm

FlightMemory with new login page and some goodies

Hi! Just a quick notice to all supporters on FT!
We released a new starting page on Saturday, that now also includes a users-news section and some more fun like "users in air" (generated every 5 minutes), more community pages (ratings enhanced, new "airline pages"), most now inside FlightMemory.
You will hopefully also enjoy the automated usersmaps in the community area...

And last, but not least, you can now follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/FlightMemory) if you choose to. We really hope this year will bring many more exciting news as we may get even more interesting features up and running in the coming months :-)
Old Jun 29, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Question - I'd love to use flightmemory.com, but i've been flying for the past four years very frequently. Do I need to enter four years of data in by hand in order to utilize the service?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It is up to the user how much or how little history they populate flightmemory with. AFAIK there is an option to import from excel (or other apps?) for a small fee.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Question - I'd love to use flightmemory.com, but i've been flying for the past four years very frequently. Do I need to enter four years of data in by hand in order to utilize the service?
I actually, very gradually, input over 6,000 flights from over 30 years. It's something to do when there's nothing else to do, or maybe while you're watching TV. Then, I sorted by date and went through and looked for "holes" typically due to an FF statement I hadn't saved.

Alternatively, if you're primarily interested in the map, you just need to input each route once. That's what I started out doing, but then I decided the stats were interesting too, so I went back and redid a lot of stuff.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by PIONEER
I actually, very gradually, input over 6,000 flights from over 30 years. It's something to do when there's nothing else to do, or maybe while you're watching TV. Then, I sorted by date and went through and looked for "holes" typically due to an FF statement I hadn't saved.

Alternatively, if you're primarily interested in the map, you just need to input each route once. That's what I started out doing, but then I decided the stats were interesting too, so I went back and redid a lot of stuff.
You actually kept track of all of your flights??? I was able to look back at my FF statements to 2003 or so, but everything before that is realllllly hazy. I'm probably missing 200-300 flights dating back to the 70s, save for a few memorable ones.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by brendog
You actually kept track of all of your flights??? I was able to look back at my FF statements to 2003 or so, but everything before that is realllllly hazy. I'm probably missing 200-300 flights dating back to the 70s, save for a few memorable ones.
Yeah I kept pretty much all my FF statements, and fortunately my intense travel started about the time that the FF programs came along. During the 70's I didn't travel all that much so was able to remember most flights by approximate year and route and often by airline. The big challenge was reconstructing all of the free domestic travel (it was easy to remember international). Fortunately, my #1 carrier was nice enough to print off 10 years of history which included the free trips. Another thing that was a big help was hotel statements and business calendars. So if I was looking at the flight data in date order, and I was a misssing flight or there was a week with no travel at all (very rare for me), I could look at the other sorces and come up with a best guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.