Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Better than TripIt?

Better than TripIt?

Old May 12, 2022, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Better than TripIt?

While traveling, I like using Tripit to keep all my booking information. I've been using it for over a decade now. Not a paying member, as my travels are not frequent enough to warrant that expense.

I've been wondering if there are any similar applications, that add to the (fairly basic) feature set of Tripit. Being able to forward confirmations and a generated itinerary are a must though.

Any recommendations?
bukzin likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've used Kayak Trips for several years.

kayak.com/trips
Old May 13, 2022, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Please refer to the following thread:
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 4:48 pm

Have you tried any other itinerary apps you could recommend?
Old Oct 23, 2023, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Nope. Still using TripIt
Old Oct 23, 2023, 9:45 am

For those of you on Apple devices, check out Tripsy. It's not the best (missing some features and quite a few bugs) but it's pretty good.
I tried also using Wanderlog but I found its interface to be awful and I also don't like that they are pushing AI-built itineraries.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PuddleHopper
For those of you on Apple devices, check out Tripsy.
I had a look, but ... nowhere near the convenience of TripIt imho.
Also ... there is no free tier. It's $50 annually. I don't travel enough to justify such an expense.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
TripIt is still the undisputed king for travel itineraries / organization for me. Tried a bunch of different alternatives and always come back to TripIt.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: AC SE, year after year
Long time user of TripIt coming for Worldmate! The ical refresh drives me mad, it takes forever to sycn with my calendars and I think it's gotten worse.

Support ticket went in on Sunday.

Last edited by puslinch; Nov 13, 2023 at 4:33 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 20, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Awardwallet (I'm using it on the website) does trips as well, it auto-imports and creates them from your saved hotel and airline programs. It can also provide a link to auto-import into calendars.
Initially I used awardwallet just to keep track of points / status but then discovered the Trips feature. The formatting could be better.

Planning to try TripIt soon to compare. Installed it but did not figure out yet how to get any data into it except entering manually, seems one must buy Pro right from the start to do anything useful with it?
joejones likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goodgirl
Awardwallet (I'm using it on the website) does trips as well, it auto-imports and creates them from your saved hotel and airline programs. It can also provide a link to auto-import into calendars.
Initially I used awardwallet just to keep track of points / status but then discovered the Trips feature. The formatting could be better.

Planning to try TripIt soon to compare. Installed it but did not figure out yet how to get any data into it except entering manually, seems one must buy Pro right from the start to do anything useful with it?
No, you can set it up so you send emails to [email protected] and it'll auto populate for you
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
No, you can set it up so you send emails to [email protected] and it'll auto populate for you
I do the same. Easy peasy.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by rajuabju
TripIt is still the undisputed king for travel itineraries / organization for me. Tried a bunch of different alternatives and always come back to TripIt.
Been using TripIt for years now. Never use the pro version but do forward flight reservations to Kayak My Trips, which gives me all the alerts about flight changes.

I basically build a paper itinerary in TripIt though I save as PDF and view that day by day itnerary on my iPhone or iPad. It condenses all the info I gather from my trip research, such as hours for the venues I will or may visit, ticket prices, etc. I used to even list some restaurants with summaries of menus.

So most of the content comes from Notes which I create as events in a day to day itinerary. Ive stayed with TripIt because it has the cleanest print layout. For instance Kayak My Trips isnt as flexible or has nice output. They want you to use their apps to access information, a lot of which are static so dont need to be refreshed with info. For instance, plane and hotel reservations are going to have same data more or less, like confirmation number, dates, etc. Obviously flight schedules change but rarely by the last week before the departure.

Now I see some touting Wanderlog, which has similar free and paid subscription models. Their site touts AI which will put your itinerary on Google Maps.

It looks like its mostly intended for consumption in their app. So you cant use their website to compose or edit your itinerary.

Presumably the AI automates intinerary creation so customization is more limited. Obviously their goal is to drive people to subscribe to the premium version.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.