Community
Wiki Posts
Search

logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond to this thread and for making suggestions. Here's what I've been working on during the past few days.

1) As suggested, the flight time is no longer mandatory (you can enter flights even if you don't remember the departure and/or the arrival time).

2) When adding/modifying a flight, the regular form is now selected by default. This feature as been suggested by a user and might help you same some time.

3) The future flights should no longer appear in the dashboard, in the statistics and the maps of the users and in the attribution of awards in the community section. In the near future, I will improve this system by plotting these flights in the maps and the data table, but in another color.

4) I've added a new map in the maps section (the same as each user already has on its dashboard, but larger).

5) As suggested, the stars in the community section have now a color that matches the status earned.

6) Finally, I've added the London Biggin Hill airport to the database. If the importation of your flights still don't work for you, Burnsie, don't hesitate to let me know and I will help you during the importation process.

Any more suggestion is welcome, as always! I will now keep working on the other features you guys have already mentioned.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:34 am

1) Looking at the "Remember your last flight?" section is shows the one before the last flight instead of the last.

2) I would like to suggest to add to the profile page a section which provides links to add public profiles to signatures in forums, I guess it is already possible if I do it myself but to my belief handing out such links will trigger people to do so and this will help you get more exposure on relevant websites (like flyer talk or others). You already have added buttons for Facebook and Twitter, maybe you can add them all together and call it the "social" section or something like that :-)
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, *A Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I couldn't find a place to import my flights
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:25 am
Original Poster

To iRobert

Sorry about that, I've just seen your message now. I've checked your account and I don't see anything wrong with the "remember your last flight" section. It shows that the last time you took the plane was August 8th, which seems correct to me. Maybe that at the time you wrote your message something was wrong, but now everything seems fine.

I'll add as soon as possible in the settings page a link to get personalized banners, this is a nice idea to attract new users to the website. Thanks!

To Shanqx

To import your flights, login and then visit the settings page (http://www.logmyflight.net/settings.php). Introduce your password, click on "enable modifications" and then go ahead importing your data. If anything goes wrong, just let me know and I'll help in the process!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: AC SE, *A Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Got it! Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:05 am

Is there a way to sync with FlightAware to get aircraft type as well as delay time?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately not right now. This is something I'm thinking about, but not ready to implement yet. It would indeed require a paid membership (or at least a new business model) on logmyflight, since every access to flightaware api and databases needs to be paid.

Right now I'm more focused on correcting the bugs that pop up from time to time and on getting more members, then I will think more seriously about the best way to introduce this feature.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would only be interested if I didn't have to enter my flights manually.... I like apps like Worldmate where I can sent my reservation info and my trip gets updated.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by logmyflight
Unfortunately not right now. This is something I'm thinking about, but not ready to implement yet. It would indeed require a paid membership (or at least a new business model) on logmyflight, since every access to flightaware api and databases needs to be paid.

Right now I'm more focused on correcting the bugs that pop up from time to time and on getting more members, then I will think more seriously about the best way to introduce this feature.
make sense. That's what I thought, nothing is free.
Overall I like it so far, especially the layout. keep it up!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Are you looking for something similar to what Seth (Wandering Aramean) has on his tools page? Maybe he can help here (?)

Seth's aircraft look up tool

Seth's look up 1

Seth's look up 2

Originally Posted by Shanqx
make sense. That's what I thought, nothing is free.
Overall I like it so far, especially the layout. keep it up!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:28 pm

6) Finally, I've added the London Biggin Hill airport to the database. If the importation of your flights still don't work for you, Burnsie, don't hesitate to let me know and I will help you during the importation process.
That worked fine, thank you
Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
Hey, it looks pretty neat. Nice concept!
Can you also give an option to login using google or facebook account? Many of us forget our login credentials or dont want to sign-up for every website, so having that feature will increase your footfalls.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for joining! Right now I'm still focusing on correcting some bugs and speeding up the whole website, but I will introduce this feature as soon as possible.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:49 am

Just another thought... I'd like to be able to view the world map in full screen, so I can see all of my flight paths more clearly. Do you think this would be possible?

PB.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. Making a google map fullscreen is not straightforward, so what I've done as a temporary solution is that I've added a button "increase size" on the google maps in the maps section. I know this is not exactly what you've been asking for but hopefully it will work for now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.