Reload this Page >

logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:21 pm

Great logger you have. I have just purchased a membership and started to log my flights.

I was wondering if it's possible to add Antarctica as a continent? And specifically Teniente R. Marsh Airport (King George Islamd) (Code: TNM) to the logger? I have flown from that airport to Chile and would like to log it. I appreciate Antarctica is rarely visited by users, however there are regular commercial and chartered flights there, and it's only going to get more popular. It'd be great if you are able to add it. Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Thank for the support! I've just added the airport you needed to the database, so you (and all the users of course) should be able to use it from now on. Antarctica should already by counted as a separate continent, but let me know if it doesn't seem to be the case or if you have any other request.

Cheers!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:33 am

Thanks for the quick response and adding the airport.
Sorry - I wasn't clear before. I meant to say that Antarctica doesnt show up as it's own continent vector map. It also isn't shown as a continent on the global vector map.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Hum, this is much trickier. Unfortunately I'm using JvectorMap, a company offering this kind of map (it would be impossible to develop such a tool without going through a company such as this one), and the maps they offer do not have Antarctica implemented. I've seen that someone asked for this feature already in August last year (https://github.com/bjornd/jvectormap/issues/428) but they did not add this feature so far.

I did find however some kind of work around but I'm not sure how feasible it will be to implement it; I will have a look early next week to see if I can manage to add Antarctica at least to the global vector map and I will let you know.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 12:45 pm

Hey, no problem - I appreciate you taking the time to consider my request. >40,000 people are visiting Antarctica each year, mostly by ship, but hundreds (possibly several thousand) are flying either there or back, some both ways. It'd be great to future proof your logger by taking steps to fully integrate it if you can. Buy hey, I'm glad that it's implemented apart from the map - many loggers haven't even gone that for. Thanks for the good work.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Hey, no problem - I appreciate you taking the time to consider my request. >40,000 people are visiting Antarctica each year, mostly by ship, but hundreds (possibly several thousand) are flying either there or back, some both ways. It'd be great to future proof your logger by taking steps to fully integrate it if you can. Buy hey, I'm glad that it's implemented apart from the map - many loggers haven't even gone that for. Thanks for the good work.
Hey!

So I had a look at this and adding Antarctica to the vector maps is not a trivial thing to do at all, as previously explained. However, I did see some people who were able to do so by creating their own maps. I will try to reach out to them next week to see how they did. Anyway, I don't think I'm going to be able to add this feature to the website for a while, since there are quite a few things more urgent than this ; but I can guarantee that I will have a look at this and try to implement this with the next major update of the website, probably around the end of the summer.

Cheers!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:58 am

Awesome. Thanks a lot for your efforts 😀
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:47 pm

Are you able to add:
airport: WPU (Puerto Williams, Chile) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardiamarina_Zañartu_Airport

airline: Aerovias DAP
http://dapairline.com/aerovias-dap/

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:20 am
Original Poster

I just added the airport and airline you needed. Sorry for the delay!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by logmyflight
I just added the airport and airline you needed. Sorry for the delay!
Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: LH M+M
And thanks to the flight data retrieval now being pretty complete.. more or less only lacking gate and runways (I know this data isnt available) :-)
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:35 pm

When viewing the Data table, is it possible for you to code it so that when sorting by "Travel Date" it will sub-sort by Departure Time. Currently when sorting, it usually displays the later flight before the earlier one on the same day.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Hi! I have just changed this. Let me know if this is not the behavior you expected!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Hi! It has been a while since we posted about Logmyflight and today I have exciting news to share with you. The beta of the next version of Logmyflight, featuring some new features and lots of improvements, is now ready. If you want to be a part of this and if you wish to test all the new features, just let me know by PM or by email and I will be in touch with instructions explaining how to access this beta version. Thank you!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:45 am

That's good news. I'm on the road for the next month so wont have time to test unfortunately.

Are you able to post any notes detailing the changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.