FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1707354-google-flights-changes-updates-glitches-help-consolidated-thread.html)

Zorak Dec 9, 19 9:19 am

Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE (Post 31821274)
Until a few days ago, in google flights, I used to be able to search from multiple airports (up to 6) for example iad, bwi, phl, jfk, ewr, to a region (like Asia or Oceania), over a random period of time (such as an weekend in December, or one week journeys over the next 6 months).

Now when I perform that same search, it eliminates the remaining airports in the search and only allows a search from the first airport code in my list. It will however, allow a search from say NYC (which includes LGA, JFK and EWR), but no more than one specific airport code.

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31821517)
I'm still having 5 airports as the limit. If the same airport should appear on the origin and destination list for any given segment, then the system can remove it from the origin list.

I just tested and got similar results as the OP: I can get 5 airports if the destination is another specific airport, but not a region like "Europe" or "France" for example.

Even if I start with multiple origin airports and a specific destination, then change the destination to a region, it drops out all but the first origin airport.

JeffreyinDE Dec 9, 19 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31821536)
I just tested and got similar results as the OP: I can get 5 airports if the destination is another specific airport, but not a region like "Europe" or "France" for example.

Even if I start with multiple origin airports and a specific destination, then change the destination to a region, it drops out all but the first origin airport.

Thanks for this confirmation. Now, whats the workaround? anyone?

JeffreyinDE Dec 9, 19 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE (Post 31821555)
Thanks for this confirmation. Now, whats the workaround? anyone?

Are there any other online tools that can search for flights to entire regions from multiple airports over a flexible period of time, while also specifying class of service (like premium economy, business, etc)?

TWA884 Dec 10, 19 9:47 am

Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE (Post 31823397)
Are there any other online tools that can search for flights to entire regions from multiple airports over a flexible period of time, while also specifying class of service (like premium economy, business, etc)?

This question is off-topic for this thread (FlyerTalk Rule 5).

Please take a look at these threads or start a new one:
TWA884
Travel Tools moderator

JeffreyinDE Dec 10, 19 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 31825523)
This question is off-topic for this thread (FlyerTalk Rule 5).

Please take a look at these threads or start a new one:

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator

Thanks for this. If you view the posts above, you'll see that this started as a Google flights glitch. My question was merely to see if there is an alternative to GF in this instance as opposed to solving this riddle.

TWA884 Dec 10, 19 10:17 am

Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE (Post 31825535)
My question was merely to see if there is an alternative to GF in this instance as opposed to solving this riddle.

While we permit some natural deviation from the topic of the thread, when the focus of the discussion morphs from requesting help using Google Flights to searching for alternatives tools, it is time to move the the relevant threads or start new ones.

And with that said, back to our regularly scheduled programing.

TWA884

SightseeMC Dec 23, 19 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31821536)

I take it this is a new GF "enhancement" and no longer a glitch?

synergistic Dec 23, 19 7:24 am

I keep waiting for this terrible change to happen to me, but I'm still able to search flexible dates from MIA,FLL,MCO to 'Europe.' Have I misunderstood the issue?

Zorak Dec 23, 19 11:09 am

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by synergistic (Post 31868882)
I keep waiting for this terrible change to happen to me, but I'm still able to search flexible dates from MIA,FLL,MCO to 'Europe.' Have I misunderstood the issue?

Can you spell out the specific steps you are taking? If I enter MIA,FLL,MCO in the origin box, and Europe in the destination box, as soon as* I click or "tab" out of the destination box, it switches over to the map view showing multiple destination cities and their fares, but the origin box is reduced to just MIA.

EDIT: ok, if starting completely fresh, it lets you change the dates and doesn't do anything until you finish selecting dates, but the result is the same, it truncates down to a single origin airport.

Attachment 51327

synergistic Dec 23, 19 5:08 pm

Hmm, perhaps l the difference is because I'm on mobile. I will try it on a computer when I get home this evening.

MaxVO Dec 24, 19 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31869720)
... If I enter MIA,FLL,MCO in the origin box, and Europe in the destination box...

And in the process we learn that it pays to transit through Casablanca this season. :cool:
Thanks for posting!

zoechow Jan 24, 20 3:47 pm

The flight tracking seems to remember some filters, but forget others. So if I ask it to track prices of only non-stops between two cities, it remembers that I am only interested in non-stops. But if I ask it to remember flights with 1 stop or fewer, and I filter out some possible in-between airports -- it just immediately forgets that I had filtered those out, and sends me alerts about prices on flights I would never take. Can anyone help?