Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

FlightRadar24.com

FlightRadar24.com

Old May 9, 2018, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As you're looking about specific information pertaining to flightradar24, we'll move this to our Travel Tools forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old May 9, 2018, 3:59 pm

Its realiable in the sense that you'll get a ticket. Once you get the booking it will be best to get the flight confirmation number and then email or call the airline directly to select seats (basically the reason for this call will be, while selecting seats, ask them if everything is okay with the ticket and everything is confirmed).

But expect it to be fully non-refundable and non-changeable so only buy it if you're sure.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:19 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Actually, it looks like it's using a lot of old stored data for schedules, so there are lots of flights with 'unknown' historical data, even while future flights are 'scheduled', that don't exist anymore. Rats.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:52 pm

FR24 depends on independent trackers everywhere worldwide. The coverage in Africa is very low though. I wouldn't pay much attention to that.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Heads up: report of data breach at flightradar24.com

It seems that a data breach at flightradar24.com has affected a proportion of their user base.

Please tighten your passwords and assume the brace position, says plane-tracking site ? The Register

<snip>

"I regret to inform you that late last week we identified a security breach that may have compromised the email addresses and hashed passwords … for a small subset of Flightradar24 users (those who registered prior to March 16, 2016), including you.
As the message offered a link to reset passwords, some members worried that it was a phishing scam. Flightradar24 personnel therefore hit the service’s forums to confirm the mails were genuine."

“We would also like to stress that we have no indication any of personal information was compromised” wrote a staffer named Olga. “The security breach was limited to one server and it was promptly shut down once the intrusion attempt had been ascertained,” she added, along with news that no payment data was compromised because the site doesn’t have it.

However she advised recipients of the mail “.. to change the password for your FR24 account. In case you’ve used the same password anywhere else, we strongly suggest you update it there as well.”

<snip>

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 21, 2018 at 8:55 am Reason: FT Rule 9: Copyright violation. Please do not post complete articles.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:42 am

Flightradar24 live tracking problem

If I look at flightradar24 flight history, it used to be that if the flight was in the air the map would reload showing the flight in question. For a while now this hasn't happened and the map remains on whatever area I last looked at. I can zoom out and eventually find the flight, but is there a way to make this happen automatically? I've cleared cache/cookies to no effect.

I'm using Firefox 65.0.1 on Win10 Home if that makes any difference, but it's the same using Chrome.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In the info box below the map, right below the time on the left, is a button to control whether the map tracks the plane or not.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by docbert
In the info box below the map, right below the time on the left, is a button to control whether the map tracks the plane or not.
I can't see what you're saying. (maybe it's me!). Can you point out the button in a screenshot or something?

This is what I'm looking at just now if it helps.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek27
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ft101
I can't see what you're saying. (maybe it's me!). Can you point out the button in a screenshot or something?
Circled in red

Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Moving thread to Travel Tools, in keeping with Flyertalk indexing norms.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by docbert
Circled in red

Thanks, but that's in Playback mode and moves the map as the playback progresses (up to the current point if the flight is still in the air). It doesn't update it real time as I'd seen before, which I saw immediately on loading a flight, not in Playback mode.

For that flight I used to watch it live on line and could look out the lounge window in GLA at exactly the right time to see it land.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
Thanks, but that's in Playback mode and moves the map as the playback progresses (up to the current point if the flight is still in the air). It doesn't update it real time as I'd seen before, which I saw immediately on loading a flight, not in Playback mode.

For that flight I used to watch it live on line and could look out the lounge window in GLA at exactly the right time to see it land.
Hi, hope I am reading you correctly.

This is the outbound tonight, the plane is highlighted in red and the scroll options to the left are displaying the flight info as usual.

Note FR24 have done a few enhancements /updates. Inc if you have a 'myflightradar24" account it now shows a 'Frequent Flier' section (who has been / is on that flight). Note the new last drop down in the image I have attached .

Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Telecasterman
This is the outbound tonight, the plane is highlighted in red and the scroll options to the left are displaying the flight info as usual.
That looks more like what I was expecting, but not quite. When I go to the page, the map doesn't automatically center on the flight and follow it real time which is what I saw before. It also doesn't show other flights in the air at the time which is not an issue. My screenshot here shows my screen after zooming out until the plane came into view, and it's not updating real time without a manual refresh. This was the address I was at and I was not logged in.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek384

Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Some new options were added to FR24

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/a...htradar24-com/

Very cool that you can now see whether a FR24 user is on a certain flight and who ha flown the route the most.

If you use my.flightradar and you do not want this info to be public/shared, you can easily toggle it off there under settings.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Odd Flight Path on Flightradar24 - AA 1075

I’m waiting for this inbound from ICT to take me to DTW.

After closer look at its flight path here to DFW it appears the pilot thinks his mad dog is an F-15?

Lol

Can that path be accurate?
Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.