FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   FlightRadar24.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1696665-flightradar24-com.html)

dynastysuper May 30, 2014 1:26 am

FlightRadar24.com

So I was listening to liveatc for LAX and I heard EVA 154 and EVA 130 over the ground radio. However, when I checked flightradar 24 and flightstats both flights were not present. Do any of you know the details of these flights?:confused:

nux May 30, 2014 1:42 am

EVA 130 operates TPE-KIX, there is no EVA 154.

Are you sure it wasn't Allegiant Air?
G4 130 operates AZA-SCK
G4 154 operates PVU-LAX

dynastysuper May 30, 2014 2:30 am

I'm 90% sure about EVA 130 as the voice had a slight Asian dialect. However, you might be right that it is Allegiant 154. The time was a little after 11PM.

beckoa May 30, 2014 11:28 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I like to pull up flightaware as they have a function where you can plug in an airport and see most activity (delayed a few minutes). Go to flightaware.com/live/airport/XXXX and replace the X's with your preferred airport such as PANC for me ;)

uclacolumbiaunc Aug 21, 2014 10:54 pm

flightradar24 premium membership.... worth it?

Is it worth paying ?

There isn't much free stuff on flightradar24 if you don't have premium membership. But I am intrigued by its user interface design.

How would you rate flightradar24 and flightaware?

gfunkdave Aug 22, 2014 7:16 am

Let's ask the folks in Travel Tools...

HDQDD Aug 23, 2014 11:26 am

I really like fr24 (not 23). I have a premium membership because I contribute an ADS-B feed to their network. I hardly ever use flightaware. I also have the (paid) fr24 app on my iPhone. Great app and I use it often when there's weather impacting an airport to see how many planes are holding and if/when they start diverting.

It also has a cool AR feature where you can point your phone at a plane in the sky and it will show you the flight info for that flight. Fun party trick. :)

JIMCHI Jul 21, 2015 7:27 pm

FlightRadar24.com

I guess I don't understand how to use the tool. I enter the carrier and flight number in the search box. It brings up the flight on a list by day. I click on it and it brings up a map of the part of the world where the flight is presently, but it shows hundred of flight icons without highlighting the one I'm looking for. Is there a secret to honing in on the one I searched for ?

GrandMoffJoseph Oct 26, 2015 2:15 pm

Weird data on FlightRadar24 & FlightAware?

I have no idea which forum to put this in, so I hope this one is generic enough. My apologies to mods if I'm wrong though.

I was just checking FlightAware to see which specific BA 744s usually make the LHR-ORD run. (my goal here being confirming whether they have the new F class or not)

I was scrolling through the flight log data when I noticed what looks like a quick and sharp change in altitude.

At 9:38:22am, the plane was logged at 34K feet. The log then shows it climbing to 47K feet and back down to 34K in less than a minute. :eek:

I'm a total novice when it comes to reading flight tracking logs, but I really hope that's not an accurate reading. A quick check on FlightRadar24 made me nearly panic, as its radar track stops with the plane well short of its destination and an altitude of 0. :confused:

Obviously, I can tell from the radar and the BA site that the flight is just fine. But, could that sudden altitude change just be a data glitch?

/sorry for the dumb question
//just trying to shed light on my own confusion

ajGoes Oct 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by GrandMoffJoseph (Post 25618996)
...I noticed what looks like a quick and sharp change in altitude.

At 9:38:22am, the plane was logged at 34K feet. The log then shows it climbing to 47K feet and back down to 34K in less than a minute. :eek:

I'm a total novice when it comes to reading flight tracking logs, but I really hope that's not an accurate reading.

It isn't. :) Sometimes these tracking sites get garbled data.

JY1024 Oct 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by GrandMoffJoseph (Post 25618996)
I have no idea which forum to put this in, so I hope this one is generic enough. My apologies to mods if I'm wrong though.

No need to apologise -that's what your friendly neighborhood mod team is for. :D

We'll move this off to the Travel Tools forum for further discussion. Thanks. :) /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator

gfunkdave Sep 4, 2016 1:14 pm

Balloon on FlightRadar24?

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what this is, or how I can find out more?

gfunkdave Sep 4, 2016 1:18 pm

Oh, answered my own question.

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/k...loon-balloons/

antichef Sep 5, 2016 3:08 am

Interesting link, thanks ^

Stewie Mac May 9, 2018 3:53 pm

How reliable is flightradar24? [Checking routes]

I'm looking at some intra-Africa travel next week, LOS-ABJ, and the 'usual' OTAs (kayak, expedia, etc) aren't very good at picking up the smaller regional airlines. I've been looking at arrivals and departures at the two airports on fr24, and have found an Arik Air flight (W3 394) which is listed as departing LOS, but has no corresponding arrival info for ABJ.

That flight at that time between those two airports is listed in Arik's schedule found online here, but Abidjan doesn't even show up as a possible destination on their booking engine - which this being Africa, means nothing really either way.

So before I spend an hour on the phone to Arik, how reliable is fr24? Is this flight likely to exist?

Thanks