Reload this Page >

Flight Finding program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Finding program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:37 am

Okay, multi-city searching is more or less implemented in your code. You'll have to make some changes to the trip print statements to see the full itinerary.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:31 pm
HGF
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gnutello
Okay, multi-city searching is more or less implemented in your code. You'll have to make some changes to the trip print statements to see the full itinerary.
Awesome. I reviewed your pull request and left some comments.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Debonaire
Oh. 3.5 Cents per query. That is magnitudes more than I had expected - and you don't get more than 500 itineraries per query. So 30-day-searches are pointless.

Thank you for the link!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:14 am

This is interesting. One problem I have found with the matrix.ita tool is that some itineraries it comes up with are not bookable in reality. At least, I have found this with Chinese airlines.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by bridgeair
This is interesting. One problem I have found with the matrix.ita tool is that some itineraries it comes up with are not bookable in reality. At least, I have found this with Chinese airlines.
Maybe. It all depends on the data the airlines provide, and this data is being cached, so it is not necessarily up to date.

Or maybe you are not using the right sales channel. Or the right location of ticket issue. Or the right currency.

Or you need a really good travel agent. I have booked several tickets that no travel website would be able to provide (and definitely not the airline's own booking engines). And only certain travel agents after very detailed instructions were able to do it. The ITA Matrix can be ingenius - or wrong. Most of the time it is simply doing a good job. :-)
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:39 pm

Anybody figure out how to determine how much ITA searches? I know there is a limit, because you can search for A to B and it won't find the cheapest option (A to C to B), and if you limit the airlines sometimes you will find that A to C to B option.

I just find I have to plug in and plug in and churn away. It is really annoying.

I guess my question is what is the limit, or is it unknowable? Like, if I search daily and only from one airport to another is that good enough to look at all possibilities? Or could I stretch it to 2 cities to 1 city?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
I suspect it's a time limit, i.e. you just get the best option it found in the time allocated to your search. If you really want to find the best option you need to have the most restrictive search. e.g. if I were searching for options from FCO to SEA on oneworld, I'd try FCO::SEA/alliance oneworld, get a fare basis, say, I7SALE, then search FCO::SEA/alliance oneworld;f ..I7SALE. When it offers me LHR, I'd then reject it in the next search with FCO::~LHR/alliance oneworld;f ..I7SALE, etc. etc.
I know, but how do you know what the time limit is? Or where it cut off?
It'd be nice for it to say, searched 1250 out of 250000 options, or something.

Right now it is just us iterating. I guess there is no easy way for a machine to do it, as ita charges for queries.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I know, but how do you know what the time limit is? Or where it cut off?
It'd be nice for it to say, searched 1250 out of 250000 options, or something.

Right now it is just us iterating. I guess there is no easy way for a machine to do it, as ita charges for queries.
Blogs used to say the time limit is 30 seconds, but its much shorter.
From my daily experience I'd say its under 10seconds or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.