ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus
Originally Posted by SP0
l
So tempting to write an auto reflector script that logs a help desk case for every spurious alert but that wouldn’t be kind or helpful :-)
I think it would have the same impact as pouring stardust into a black hole….
SP0 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:51 pm

Well finally got a response from expertflyer:

"Hi, thank you for your email. We sincerely apologize for the recent inconvenience caused by a system error that led to a mass amount of alerts being sent out. Our team had to switch to a new database, which then caused this glitch. You may see alerts that have a six-hour difference, you may see alerts that have expired, and you may see alerts that were previously deleted. We advise you to double-check existing alerts you have to ensure they are entered (and showing) correctly. If they are not showing the correct information, please resubmit them. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Thank you,
The ExpertFlyer.com Team
"
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:55 pm
SP0

Same received here so it is a form response (unsurprisingly).

A company that cared about customer service would identify that we have suffered the same systems error twice, and automatically give us a month of free credit.
hurnik, apeortdz and 747FC like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 4:13 am

Still having to manually check seat alerts, and found one this morning that wasn't sent through, again.

Back to the free version. I see no use paying for a service, where a major portion of their service is alerting people to changes in the itinerary, when they can't provide that service.
SPN Lifer, hurnik, st1575 and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:50 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Still having to manually check seat alerts, and found one this morning that wasn't sent through, again.

Back to the free version. I see no use paying for a service, where a major portion of their service is alerting people to changes in the itinerary, when they can't provide that service.
Are you saying that your saved alerts were still correctly indexed, but did not activate until you manually checked them?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:03 am
SP0

I have an alert on a QF flight which never fired when the flight moved from scheduled to "Cancelled". If I click on the alert it says it has been checked and is still valid -- for a Cancelled flight. I reported this but no response from the Helpdesk.

It is all a general shambles. On their entry page they even have a link to a blog which does not exist.

The alerts are a nice-to-have for me (I appreciate others use these a lot). But what I do need is the detailed fare bucket availability for RTW planning. Is there another tool I could move to?
hurnik likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:19 am

iOS app gone?

I have the app on my phone, but when trying to get a new user setup, we can't find the app in the Apple app store. App still allows me to log in. My thread searching skills didn't come up with anything on this. Any ideas what happened?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:04 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by stevehuff
I have the app on my phone, but when trying to get a new user setup, we can't find the app in the Apple app store. App still allows me to log in. My thread searching skills didn't come up with anything on this. Any ideas what happened?
Do they even have anyone on staff? EF seems like a ghost ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_ship
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC

same thing happening to me. For at least the last couple of weeks the seat alerts haven’t worked for me. I’ve been manually checking seat maps on my upcoming flights every few days and frequently found seats where I should have received an alert, but didnt
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by SP0
I have an alert on a QF flight which never fired when the flight moved from scheduled to "Cancelled". If I click on the alert it says it has been checked and is still valid -- for a Cancelled flight. I reported this but no response from the Helpdesk.
Neither schedule nor flight alerts were designed to alert on cancelations, just changes to published times.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:03 pm

Is there any way to get more than 200 flight availability alerts? There is no higher level to pay for more?

One can use up the 200 alerts pretty quickly when looking for award seat availability over a wide date range.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Does anyone know what this means? Some kind of error?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
Does anyone know what this means? Some kind of error?
I see you too, but all my searches work normally, apart from the message I don’t see anything wrong.
Mrp Alert likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:05 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I see you too, but all my searches work normally, apart from the message I don’t see anything wrong.
I do not understand it either.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Is there any way to get more than 200 flight availability alerts? There is no higher level to pay for more?

One can use up the 200 alerts pretty quickly when looking for award seat availability over a wide date range.
Is award search for UA/*A back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.