ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
You don't know how the BA system is working on their end. BA doesn't know the POSs that ExpertFlyer has or on what reservation system we have them. It could be that BA is only sharing the Israeli POS with specific travel agencies that they have contracts with (EF is not a travel agency).
This was fine until about a week ago though.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:12 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mikebg
This was fine until about a week ago though.
Ok, then it was a week ago that BA decided to make a change on their end. We can only show the results that an airline returns to us.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Tried searching the past four months of posts here, but didn’t see an answer to my question.

Now that UA United has moved to “dynamic” pricing for awards, how and what can one track with EF to see if a saver award comes available, whatever that means, if one is tracking from a higher priced award and wants to rebook for lower pricing?

Can EF do something to track changes from either a non “saver” class to a new saver class?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:54 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Tried searching the past four months of posts here, but didn’t see an answer to my question.

Now that UA United has moved to “dynamic” pricing for awards, how and what can one track with EF to see if a saver award comes available, whatever that means, if one is tracking from a higher priced award and wants to rebook for lower pricing?

Can EF do something to track changes from either a non “saver” class to a new saver class?
It's not clear what you mean, EF shows only saver award class inventory for UA, irrespective of how many miles is required for the award.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
It's not clear what you mean, EF shows only saver award class inventory for UA, irrespective of how many miles is required for the award.
Is that now identified as "JI?"
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:12 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by 747FC
Is that now identified as "JI?"
Is what now identified as "JI? X and I are the saver award classes and what is shown for UA on ExpertFlyer.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:05 pm

Is what now identified as "JI? X and I are the saver award classes and what is shown for UA on ExpertFlyer.
There are numerous reports on UA threads of "JI" being the new (Post -11/15/19) "saver" rate. For example:

"You are confirmed in XN class on this flight and have requested a change to JI class." See post #740:

Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues"
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:00 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

There are numerous reports on UA threads of "JI" being the new (Post -11/15/19) "saver" rate. For example:

"You are confirmed in XN class on this flight and have requested a change to JI class." See post #740:

Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues"
As XN is not a saver class. A search on UA.com shows that X and I are still the saver award classes. (SFO-LAX on Dec 17 for example)
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:18 am

As XN is not a saver class. A search on UA.com shows that X and I are still the saver award classes. (SFO-LAX on Dec 17 for example)
Well, it seems like UA communications suggest that JI appears to be a code worthy of note. And is XN not a saver code reserved for UA credit card holders and elites?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:22 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Well, it seems like UA communications suggest that JI appears to be a code worthy of note. And is XN not a saver code reserved for UA credit card holders and elites?
The only Economy saver award class that UA publishes and that EF has is X.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

Doing the following search on EF:

Iberia - U inventory award - LAX-MAD on 09/09/20, shows 0 on EF, not available on AA.com, 2 available on IB.com, 2 available on BA.com. Does Iberia not share all the availability with EF? Thanks for any info.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:17 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by CNMAZ
Doing the following search on EF:

Iberia - U inventory award - LAX-MAD on 09/09/20, shows 0 on EF, not available on AA.com, 2 available on IB.com, 2 available on BA.com. Does Iberia not share all the availability with EF? Thanks for any info.
If it's also not available on AA.com then it isn't an issue with EF, it's an issue with how Iberia is publishing the data to all outside partners (BA is the same parent as IB).
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:53 am

I have just paid for a premium account on EF and searched for Flight Status here: https://www.expertflyer.com/air/flightStatus.do

I want to know the reason for a delay on each sector but either I am doing something wrong or it doesn't have the data from TAP

The flights are both Saturday 2 Nov 2019.

LIS-TFS TP1128
TFS-LIS TP1127

I can see the flights on the status page but can't see how I find the reason for the delay

Last edited by lfc84; Nov 5, 2019 at 8:01 am
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:18 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by lfc84
I have just paid for a premium account on EF and searched for Flight Status here: https://www.expertflyer.com/air/flightStatus.do

I want to know the reason for a delay on each sector but either I am doing something wrong or it doesn't have the data from TAP

The flights are both Saturday 2 Nov 2019.

LIS-TFS TP1128
TFS-LIS TP1127

I can see the flights on the status page but can't see how I find the reason for the delay
The View Comments option isn't available for flights over a day in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.