Reload this Page >

5/13: MileWise acquired by Yahoo and closed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5/13: MileWise acquired by Yahoo and closed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:03 am

What an interesting service! Looking forward to tinkering around with it for some upcoming flights.

Do u currently already monitor for off peak miles rates through various programs automatically?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:34 pm

MileWise Reward Valuation

Originally Posted by mindbowels
So far really liking it. It is missing values for some things (my BA miles for example), wonder what is required to "value" those.

Also wondering if the values get more accurate over time.

My only beef right now is there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization. But love the idea!

Hi,

This is Sanjay from MileWise.

Some programs' values are missing bc/ we haven't completed the required analysis (http://forums.milewise.com/topic/how...s-calculated-1).

The values will be refined over time as we analyze more data and begin to further integrate your preferences, redemption behavior, and expectations (e.g., taking a trip to France in 1 year).

Also, soon we're going to let you input your own values. So, you should start to see more customization options ...

Please continue to leave feedback - it really helps us prioritize the feature roadmap.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:25 pm

Off peak miles rates

Originally Posted by longleaf
What an interesting service! Looking forward to tinkering around with it for some upcoming flights.

Do u currently already monitor for off peak miles rates through various programs automatically?

Hi,

We actually just get the real-time availability and price every time you do the search. In the future, we'll also be checking the real-time pricing and alert you when your desired trips are available for good prices.

- Sanjay from MileWise
Old Sep 11, 2011, 7:56 pm

Interesting. MileWise found some award Business class award travel I've been looking for but haven't found even on DL's website.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:55 am
Community Director Emerita

MileWise folks, would you clarify if you are searching all alliance flights when we have miles on one partner? For example, if I have AA miles, are you searching CX, BA and LAN for availability?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I just did a one-way search for BOM-EWR in F on 24 Sept - MW came back with a $1615 fare in F - but guess what - all sectors in economy!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:54 am

Is Milewise Down?

This is what I get:
No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:02 pm
Company Representative - MileWise

Programs: AA, DL, UA, SPG
Smile

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
MileWise folks, would you clarify if you are searching all alliance flights when we have miles on one partner? For example, if I have AA miles, are you searching CX, BA and LAN for availability?
We're not doing a search on all alliance flights. So if you've got United miles, we're not showing you flights on Star Alliance partners YET.

Originally Posted by mhdousa
This is what I get:
No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
You got us. UrbanDaddy featured us earlier today on their homepage and we were pretty swamped for a bit. Should be back to normal now.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Enterpreneur magazine

I just read an article about MileWise in a recent issue of Enterpreneur mag: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/222479
Old May 5, 2012, 12:08 pm

Nice design!

This is a very slick app, definitely the first MVC/Web 2.0 design I've seen in the mileage/award tracker space.

I have some feedback - When I entered my Delta info via MileWise it didn't work. I tried to sign in to Delta's site directly with the same info, still no luck. Then I noticed I had a trailing space on my FF# - I was pasting from a spreadsheet - and Delta wasn't removing it.

They should, I think, and maybe MileWise should as well. I'm a database guy, not a UX wiz, so I could be wrong. Just my two cents.

Awesome job on designing a very useful app!
Old May 14, 2012, 3:18 pm
Company Representative - MileWise

Programs: AA, DL, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by ThomasCMueller
This is a very slick app, definitely the first MVC/Web 2.0 design I've seen in the mileage/award tracker space.

I have some feedback - When I entered my Delta info via MileWise it didn't work. I tried to sign in to Delta's site directly with the same info, still no luck. Then I noticed I had a trailing space on my FF# - I was pasting from a spreadsheet - and Delta wasn't removing it.

They should, I think, and maybe MileWise should as well. I'm a database guy, not a UX wiz, so I could be wrong. Just my two cents.

Awesome job on designing a very useful app!
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you've found MileWise so helpful.

We should actually be removing whitespace from the username and password fields. Pasting FF# from Notepad/Excel/Google Docs is a really common case, so we'll get that fixed!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:31 pm

MileWise Updated!

Hey everyone!

I'm interning at MileWise this summer, and wanted to get some feedback on the recent changes and new developments recently rolled out on the website.

MileWise allows users to search for flights using cash, miles, and points, and helps to value different options while taking into account price, mileage balances, and elite status.

There was a thread last year about which generated a bunch of helpful, actionable feedback for the team, and a redesign with lots of additional functionality was launched last week.

For instance, MileWise now integrates with AwardWallet and no longer requires users to re-enter their mileage programs. Additionally, the WisePrice algorithm has been updated to ensure that distance flown, cabin, and class of service bonuses are accurately accounted for in valuation. The search engine now shows several partner redemptions, with many more on the way.

Also, a few other cool features such as Price Alerts and Trip Discovery were just added in. We'd love to hear your thoughts and look forward to incorporating additional feedback to make MileWise more useful. Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:23 am

Great site! Here's some feedback:

1) What do the color bubbles mean when doing price search? I assumed:
blue=cash,
purple="points but too many",
orange="points and available in account"?

2) Trip Discovery is nice, but I find it irrelevant. I get trip recommendations for 110000 starwoods points when I only have 30000 in my account.
What would be amazing is to instead discover trips given my current reward balance. In other words, "what is the best trip from NYC to South America given my current balances"

3) Similarly, for trip discover, it'd be great to isolate to a single airline and see what some of the best deals are. "What is the best deal from NYC to Europe given I have 90000 Delta miles".

4) Assume orange=redeemable, I noticed something. In one account I manage the miles of both myself and my wife. So right now I say have 40,000 united miles and my wife has 30,000. In flight searches, it indicates 65,000 mile flights that I can redeem (orange). It seems to be summing up all United accounts and considering THAT as redeemable. It should be only considering one account.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
ITA by Google and MileWise let you search flights in cash, miles and points

http://itasoftware.blogspot.com/2012...e-let-you.html
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:25 am
AAL

Thanks! I just downloaded the Milewise app and started playing with it. Unfortunately, American and Delta are not allowing their flights to be listed, which does impact the app's usefulness. That's unfortunate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.