Whoa! Finally, we will get to pick our rooms and views

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whoa! Finally, we will get to pick our rooms and views

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Roger, thanks for your replies to my and other folks comments.

Might it be possible to include in each hotel-specific page additional comments/suggestions from folks who've stayed there? You do already have a few general "Heard in the Lobby" tips. But what I have in mind is something like a list or link where individuals can provide more specific info--perhaps accompanied by your site clearly explaining that it cannot confirm such info, but offers it for users to take into account on their own (kind of the same way FT posts work).

Here's an example of what I mean: For the Millenium Hilton in NYC, you provide a few useful, very general tips. But if I had the option, I would add a comment that based on my time there I would recommend NW corner room 12 on the upper floors, mainly because of it is less exposed than most other rooms to the 24-hour construction noise at Ground Zero but also because of the great views. I might add that room 14 would also be likely to have less construction noise, but its views are not as good since it is not a corner.

Perhaps more of a hassle than it's worth for you folks, not least because you might possibly want to vet submitted comments for relevance (since posts could veer off into complaints about the hotel's service, food, whatever, rather than focusing on the rooms themselves). Still, such a feature could markedly enhance the usefulness and popularity of your site.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:48 pm

Thanks Sally! I'll pass this tip onto our team. We're working on getting a registration system up and running so we can accept content from power travelers like you more easily. For now, please send any tips to our tip line at tips[at]room77.com.

Originally Posted by sallyerd
Roger, are you aware that virtually ALL of the floor maps for the Homewood Suites are already on Hilton's own website? If not, you may wish to check it out so you can at least speedily digitize all the Homewoods' Floor maps. We Hilton FlyerTalkers have been using OLCI for Homewood Suites for years. Unfortunately only the Homewoods have this website feature, since Hilton's website is as quirky and creaky as an old-maid.

Yo, FlyerTalkers! Any other ideas to get this Room77 website expedited?

Over the years, I have been continually bemused (more like annoyed) to see my online profile preference ignored at check-in or by the room assigners. I, for one, would really like a advanced floor plan. To heck with quibbling about the quality of the window view graphics on the Room77 website, just give me a noise heads up and a good nights rest.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:50 pm

Hi Thunderroad, please send that tip over to our team tips[at]room77.com and they'll review it and add it to the hotel profile once we do some basic vetting. We really appreciate the input at the room level and we're working on exposing review capabilities on our website in addition to what we already offer on our iPhone app so that you can give room specific reviews in the future to help fellow travelers.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
I just had an opportunity to stay at one of the Room 77 properties and reviewed it fully here:

http://frequentlyflying.com/review-o...ans-room-views

Overall, I'm very impressed by the site and look forward to its expansion! Nice job Roger! ^
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:29 pm

No room maps?

Annoyingly the Hilton Warwick (UK) doesn't have the room maps on the back of the doors, so no way of sending that info in. Hopefully Room77 have other ways of getting their room plans!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.