Major Tripit Bug! [Apr 2013, now resolved]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major Tripit Bug! [Apr 2013, now resolved]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Thumbs down Major Tripit Bug! [Apr 2013, now resolved]

Just a warning. From reading twitter, and my own experiences today, it seems tripit has a MAJOR issue right now. It is telling me BOTH my flights are EXACTLY an hour late:

UA 7016 HPN to ORD is currently DELAYED, departing at 1:03pm EDT.
Arrival time at ORD is 2:27pm CDT.

Your connecting flight, UA 685 ORD to MCI, is currently DELAYED, departing terminal 1, gate B9 at 6:25pm CDT.
You have 3h, 58m to make your connection.

My flights are on time. Someone posted just this morning on twitter that they believed tripits notices, and they now must fly standby. I have alerted tripit, but their support is business hours only, so they wont be there for at least 4 more hours...Be careful, ESPECIALLY if your flight is EXACTLY one hour delayed.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:41 am

same tripit issue

flights delayed by EXACTLY one hour tomorrow morning 4/14...United assures me the flight has not (yet) been delayed.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by andrewconrad
flights delayed by EXACTLY one hour tomorrow morning 4/14...United assures me the flight has not (yet) been delayed.
Welcome to FT andrewconrad!

We just checked our UA flight tomorrow and Tripit tells us it's been canceled. It hasn't. Checking UA, we find that the same flight today is canceled though.

Could it be something to do with a slow response to Tripit from the UA website? I'm always willing to believe the worst about dot bomb.

Edited to add: a case-in-point on UA's technology

Last edited by Fredd; Apr 13, 2011 at 10:14 am Reason: More info
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:06 pm

Response to joelfreak's Post

This is to let you know that the flight alerts issue you experienced has been resolved. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you as we've also sent you a helpdesk ticket regarding this:

Update:

This morning, we discovered an issue with the accuracy of a partner’s flight status information for Continental and United flights. This resulted in TripIt Pro sending mobile alerts that indicated flights were delayed when they were not. This problem started at 4:00 p.m. PST April 12th and was fully resolved about an hour ago, with the service now back online and accurately sending information since 11:20 a.m. PST April 13th. This issue was traced back to a time shift error on one of the partner's servers. They are taking steps to ensure the problem does not reoccur.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience or problems this may have caused. To err on the side of extra caution, we are continuing to check alerts from the partner and suggest that if you get a flight status update on a Continental and United flight in the next 24 hours, you may want to double check with the airline. If you have concerns or issues and feedback, please email our VP of marketing at [email protected].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.