Website to check class availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website to check class availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Thanks. Have been looking around for couple of months now for something like this.
Yes -- and it's hard to beat FREE.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Yes -- and it's hard to beat FREE.
^^
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:52 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Thank you to both of the KVS & EF for answering my questions.

Old Nov 10, 2010, 2:39 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
KVS: still need application on every computer?
Yes.

You also need the KVS server not to be down when it checks that you're allowed to run the app, which exposes KVS's "no need to log in" claim as a rather poor joke.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Thanks. Have been looking around for couple of months now for something like this.
When did this stop working:
http://publicbackup.com/shared/flyertalk/availability/

Always liked it above seatcounter (which is also down). I have EF basic but prefer to save my searches for award rather than std avail. Any other free tools out there? Flightstats is too basic (core bucket vs each fare bucket) and:

http://tools.wanderingaramean.com/To...Inventory.aspx

doesn't seem to be working. Ideas?

Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Not to restart the debate but...

How to both sites stack on on DL/Skyteam availabaility?

Cheers!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:30 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Only the KVS Tool has a nearly-complete SkyTeam award availability coverage (incl. DL): http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AwardUpgradeClasses_SkyTeam
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:37 am

wanderingaramean.com

The site says it is offline. Will signing up lead me to the site that is active.

Also what is the cost of using this service?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:11 pm

Cheers!
The only source for DL award availability is Delta.com, anything else is derived from that.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lopinc1
The only source for DL award availability is Delta.com, anything else is derived from that.
And DL.com is broken at best for finding low...
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by lopinc1
Would KVS be useful to search for Skyteam given, as the other poster alluded to, delta.com is broken for low award availability and KVS' info comes from there?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:37 pm

Would KVS be useful to search for Skyteam given, as the other poster alluded to, delta.com is broken for low award availability and KVS' info comes from there?
The same information can be found from a one-way Delta.com award search. The round-trip search on DL.com is broken, the one-way search finds more inventory.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:09 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

The KVS Tool is now even more useful for finding SkyTeam award availability, given today's launch of the brand new SkyTeam Awards Method in V6.0.0, which has been in Beta over the last few months.

The Tool now has award availability coverage across most SkyTeam member carriers, including AF/KL/DL/AZ/SU/OK/RO/KQ/UX/CZ/VN.

But even before this, KVS Tool members have been long enjoying its 'classic' SkyTeam & DL 3-tier award search functionality:

Originally Posted by flymonthly
^^^

IT WORKS!! I just found a pdx-ams-fco-ams-pdx trip, BE in March that showed award availability at the "low" level on KVS, went to dl.com, signed on, searched for the round-trip award, selected the flights that KVS showed as low level and voila, 100k miles. I didn't even have to search by segment on either KVS or dl.com, I just put in the cities and let 'er rip.
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
But trying to find a viable itinerary on delta.com without having first done your homework, using a tool like KVS, and then running a multi-city search with available segments already known, is an exercise in madness. And don't get me started about calling DL for help, with the draconian limitations on the number of dates that its agents will sweep before another phone call is required coupled with a widespread belief of said agents (at least those who serviced me, anyway)that CDG-SEZ and vice-versa isn't even bookable because the metal is HM's.

For those who want to go to the Seychelles on DL and don't want to spend all their time tearing out their hair, I cannot recommend a subscription to KVS strongly enough.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by KVS
The Tool now has award availability coverage across most SkyTeam member carriers, including AF/KL/DL/AZ/SU/OK/RO/KQ/UX/CZ/VN.
I downloaded v6 but do not see the SU availability using this method. Can you confirm if it should be included?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:18 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by lewinr
I downloaded v6 but do not see the SU availability using this method. Can you confirm if it should be included?
SU Awards continue to be available via the [Sabre: GTC] Method:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AwardUpgradeClasses_SkyTeam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.