Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone using a SlingBox?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Love my slingbox

I'm A FREQUENT international traveler and previously use HMA VPN to connect to my cable company on demand to watch my shows. I love my TV shows. I heard about slingbox but I honestly didn't believe it would work as my VPN connections were often interrupted with horrible buffering. Anyway, one day a friend showed me (while we were in the US) how he connected. It looked easy enough, although still a disbeliever, but I went out the next day and purchased the cheaper model, only to return it later the same day for the 500 which already had the wifi in it.

I've been in hong Kong and Taiwan for the past week staying at a Marriott and then a Hyatt and here to say it works great. I can't believe how much easier it is to use than the HMA VPN. I do have a dedicated DVR at home so I'm not competing to use it when the family is home watching. I'm twelve hours ahead of EST. I did enjoy watching my HEAT win the other day watching LIVE from my hotel room.

I find live TV streams best (but with my 12 hr time change, there isn't much I want to watch live when I'm awake), then shows I've taped on my DVR stream okay, with On Demand streaming there are some buffering issues now and then; but not all that bad.

Its so worth the cost. I just find it amazing I can do everything from Taiwan to my DVR/TV in So Flo. Amazing.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Also can run on Android.

I got one last year, I've been extremely happy with it. I've got it set up at my parents house so that I can still watch Packers games during the season. It has come in handy during longer layovers as well.

The app is unfortunately $15, but works well.
I think we're talking about a different thing. I wasn't referring to the actual slingbox in my post above, only the fact that indeed armed with a slingplayer app (ios, android, windows mobile) one can easily send the stream to a Roku device connected to a tv.

The slingbox device is of course located elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.