FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Technology (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/)
-   -   [archived] Favorite iPhone/iPad applications (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/848219-archived-favorite-iphone-ipad-applications.html)

DYKWIA Apr 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by frekwentflier (Post 11649900)
TripIt for iPhone is fantastic! Just email all your itineraries (air, hotel, rental car, etc) to TripIt and they all show up in 1 neat itinerary on your iPhone! Extremely useful for the flyertalker.

Doesn't seem to handle time zones to cleverly (or I'm doing something wrong).

I had a panic the other day when it showed my hotel stay and car rental starting a day after I'd arrived in the US. This was when I was using UK time. Once I'd arrived in the US and changed the timezone to PST, the dates corrected themselves.

Cheers,
Rick

potfish Apr 28, 2009 10:39 pm

Another odd thing on timezones is that UK shows BST, East Coast USA shows EDT - fine - but China shows GMT+8 instead of CST.

More importantly TripIt also loses my itineraries when I'm out of network coverage (even though they say they fixed this). This makes it unusable for me, but I'll leave it installed hoping for an update.

Alysia May 1, 2009 9:45 am

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84 (Post 11648779)
I'm also a Flight Control junkie. I usually score around 75 on a good game, but somehow managed to score 142 last week. :eek: Not sure if I'll ever be able to beat that score.

I scored 140 yesterday.

meducate May 1, 2009 1:15 pm

Anyone hear anything about a yea or nay regarding Slingplayer for the iPhone?

adambadam May 1, 2009 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by meducate (Post 11678458)
Anyone hear anything about a yea or nay regarding Slingplayer for the iPhone?

Well there were a bunch of articles last week on some of the tech blogs that mentioned that SlingMedia had updated their page saying they were in contact with people at Apple and that it was still in the process of getting approved, though that it was on the way. One can only speculate what is holding it up.

Personally, my guess is that it comes down to tiffs about whether or not it will support steaming over 3G/EDGE. There are plenty of other apps, including the Masters app that did live streaming so there is a precedent for them approving it, and of course Sling already has apps for other phones though ATT does not really have a say in that case as they have no control over the distribution channels.

onlysuites May 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Alysia (Post 11677167)
I scored 140 yesterday.

211 :cool:

Alysia May 20, 2009 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lallyr (Post 11763265)
211 :cool:

I've gotten up to 190 now.

mordecai May 20, 2009 11:52 am

I find that RunKeeper works very well to do what I'm interested in. I can keep track of runs, see where I went, and see information about pace, elevation and more. Any other apps people use for run tracking?

aztimm May 20, 2009 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam (Post 11679578)
Well there were a bunch of articles last week on some of the tech blogs that mentioned that SlingMedia had updated their page saying they were in contact with people at Apple and that it was still in the process of getting approved, though that it was on the way. One can only speculate what is holding it up.

I've had SlingPlayer on my iPhone for a week or so. It works with WiFi just fine. Evidently, there are ways to make it work with 3G, but I haven't experimented yet.

aztimm May 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Anyone else get Newsweek? On the back cover, there's a full-page ad with an iPhone, and featured apps...the theme is money-saving.

cblaisd May 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Same for The New Yorker.

Alysia May 21, 2009 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Alysia (Post 11779317)
I've gotten up to 190 now.

258 just a few minutes ago.

Alysia May 27, 2009 8:12 pm

283 now!

CApreppie May 27, 2009 10:52 pm

I wish that more airlines would come out with airline specific timetable apps so I can access timetables when traveling outside the US to avoid roaming and looking for free wifi.

adambadam May 27, 2009 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie (Post 11816470)
I wish that more airlines would come out with airline specific timetable apps so I can access timetables when traveling outside the US to avoid roaming and looking for free wifi.

I know that United at least publishes a desktop version and a palm version though an app. However, I know they also have a pdf file. You could use a program like Air Sharing to copy the pdf to the iPhone each month. It wouldn't be pretty though it may work.