How do I increase volume of videos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I increase volume of videos?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i have a set of altec lancing speakers with a built in amplifier. i bought a set of klipsch promedia 2.1's. both require outside 110 volt power. if those are not loud enough, you need to see a hearing doc.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Rev.Scott
I have the same problem sometime About 10% of all video's i record have low volume. Even if you hook computer speakers to your computer the volume is still so low you can not hear all the words.

So i tried DFX Audio Enhancement it works great on the volume,you can down load the trial version for 30days you only get half the volume but you will be able to tell the difference. fxsound.com

They have a package that covers just about anything you will ever play on your computer or you can get it just for windows media player,Div x player or what ever.
Welcome to FT.

What I personally do is load videos up in Sony Vegas (video editor) and normalise the sound in that, dealing with any major poblems with Sound Forge. Probably not the fastest or cheapest method but it works for me.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by slawecki
i have a set of altec lancing speakers with a built in amplifier. i bought a set of klipsch promedia 2.1's. both require outside 110 volt power. if those are not loud enough, you need to see a hearing doc.
So you set those up on your tray table and plug them into the aircraft's AC outlet? I guess on US carriers you can run an extension cord into the lav

No objections from the passengers seated next to you?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just had a rather embarrasing incident similar to the OP.

I was resurrecting an older laptop, and in the process of checking it out I tried to play a DVD. The video came up fine, but the audio was almost non-existent. Well ... install the sound drivers, right? Duh!

So, I dutufully installed the drivers and the sound was better, but still way low in volume. I tried everything I could think of for a couple of days, and was just resigned to playing it only through amplified speakers, when I had an epiphany ... as we say, RTFM!

And there, big as life, were pictures of the laptop with little arrows pointing out the buttons and lights, and one arrow pointed to ... the Volume Control!

It's a little knob on the front of the laptop, and it's black like the rest of the case, so it wasn't immediately obvious that it was even there. A little spin and presto! All the volume you'd need.

In my defense, most laptops I've used use a key combination like Fn-F4 to raise the volume and Fn-F5 to lower it, or whatever. Been a long time since I've seen an analog pot on a laptop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.