Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelpro Warranty - SF

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
Crew6 can't even stand up straight!

I am kicking myself about Travelpro now too! I had a flightpro3 for almost 5 years and loved it, but on the last 2 trips zippers, handles etc just were destroyed. Ok their warranty doesn't covere it - unhappy but i got 5 good years out of it ... So I end up buying a Crew6 bag last week to replace it. It seemed lighter and much cheaper than B/R.

I pack it today for a trip to SLC - and the suitcase can't even stand upright! If I stand it up on carpet, it falls backward. On the floor, it can barely stand up. but if I touch it the slightest, down it goes. The only way it seems to stand up is if I attach the clip and hang my laptop bag down the front.

It looks like they wanted to prevent the case from tipping over when there is a heavy bags hanging from the front...but they compensated so much that now the bag tips backward if there isn't something hanging on the front!

Anyone else have this problem!? I wonder if I can return it even after using it because this really seems like a design flaw to me
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA1P
Another update with getting a replacement handle for my Travel Pro carryon bag. So after buying the B&R, I gave the broken Travel Pro bag to my parents. They're retired so they've been bugging Travelpro on a semi-regular basis. Now 1.5 years after trying to get it fixed, Travelpro finally got the handles in stock. They shipped one free of charge to my dad. It turns out they shipped the wrong handle. So the bag is still broken. Is this amazing or what?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Good Info

Originally Posted by 12172003
Another update with getting a replacement handle for my Travel Pro carryon bag. So after buying the B&R, I gave the broken Travel Pro bag to my parents. They're retired so they've been bugging Travelpro on a semi-regular basis. Now 1.5 years after trying to get it fixed, Travelpro finally got the handles in stock. They shipped one free of charge to my dad. It turns out they shipped the wrong handle. So the bag is still broken. Is this amazing or what?
This type of information is extremely value to someone like me who is in the market of getting some new luggage. I will avoid TravelPro and find something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.