Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Power adapter for Gateway MX6448 ? Two questions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 2:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

I am looking for a second AC power adapter (not a travel/Empower-type) for my Gateway MX6448 laptop (a great deal that ScottC put me on to a few months ago).

The model isn't even listed when looking for accessories on Gateway's site.

The only link I can find is via Froogle for this one:
http://www.allaboutbattery.com/shope..._camp=13682001
Is this the best I'm going to do? No results looking via Cnet, eBay, MySimon, etc.

Second question: I know with Thinkpads that for the most part AC adapters could be used interchangeably across a wide variety of laptops. Is it the same for Gateways?

Mrs. cblaisd has an MX6445 (same computer except single not duo -- again, thanks ScottC!). Can the same adapter be used?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm going to say yes. Every single Gateway I've had in the past years has used the same charger. If you want to play it safe, order one and check before ordering the next one. Or get 2 if their return policy allows returns without a penalty.

Is the adapter model (AC-10H) the same as your current charger?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC
I'm going to say yes. Every single Gateway I've had in the past years has used the same charger. If you want to play it safe, order one and check before ordering the next one. Or get 2 if their return policy allows returns without a penalty.
Thanks. First, I'll need to find a transshiper since like too many companies their "free shipping" turns out to be $30(!) to Hawaii.

Is the adapter model (AC-10H) the same as your current charger?
No, model number on the adapter says: PA-1900-15
Old Feb 12, 2007, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

OK, this is getting better. It should have occurred to me to look at the part # on the adapter itself, but I assumed that there would be a tie-in with the laptop model #.

$10 shipping beats $30: http://www.wholesalelaptopbattery.co...cdf396e7ba10e9

http://cgi.ebay.com/GATEWAY-LITEON-A...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160083627424
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC
I'm going to say yes. Every single Gateway I've had in the past years has used the same charger
The adapter for Mrs. cblaisd's is a PA-1650-01
19V, 3.42 a

Mine is a PA-1900-15
19v, 4.74 a

Hers is significantly lighter.

I'm assuming that's a significant enough amperage difference that they shouldn't be interchanged!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
The adapter for Mrs. cblaisd's is a PA-1650-01
19V, 3.42 a

Mine is a PA-1900-15
19v, 4.74 a

Hers is significantly lighter.

I'm assuming that's a significant enough amperage difference that they shouldn't be interchanged!
As long as the plug is the same it shouldn't be an issue, these things offer stabilized power.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Went ahead and ordered one of each kind from http://www.wholesalelaptopbattery.co...cdf396e7ba10e9
With the 10% discount listed on their home page, and the Paypal option (which will give me a $15 rebate per the thread in the S.P.A.M. forum), and shipping only ~$11.00 for Priority Mail, seemed a decent deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.