Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for an external DVD Burner

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2006, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Recommendations for an external DVD Burner

It is time for me to get an external DVD Burner for my laptop / home system. Any recommendations of what to get or to avoid?

Thanks
Old May 15, 2006, 10:32 am

Programs: UA PA, *S (UA)
I just ordered one for my IBM T42p, but I didn't want to spend the $250 that Lenovo wants for the one that fits into the ultrabay slim for my laptop. Also I wanted a setup that would work with different machines. So what I did was order a NEC ND-6750A SLIM DVD Burner which is supposed to be a pretty good burner and will fit most laptops (but not IBM ultrabay slims). Picked that up for $75 including shipping and tax from Newegg.com. Then so i can use it with my T42p as well as other machines, I ordered a USB 2.0 External Slim Line Enclosure (Part number: EX-BLK-01) to put the NEC burner in. Enclosure was ordered from http://www.centrix-intl.com/ for about $25 incl shipping & tax. This combination should make for a fairly light, compact and portable fast external USB 2.0 DVD/CD burner for a total cost of about $100 and has the advantage of being easily able to be used with multiple machines.

Haven't received the above items yet so can't report on how well the setup actually works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.