Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking Pocket PC or PDA With >1 Mpxl Camera

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Seeking Pocket PC or PDA With >1 Mpxl Camera

The title pretty much sums it up - does anyone have knowledge of (or better yet, experience with) such a device? The 1-meagpixel or higher camera should be integrated, not an external accessory. As always, thanks in advance for your help!
Old May 10, 2006, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it have to be a phone enabled device, or just a normal PDA?

Most camera enabled PDA's are phone devices...

The HP rx3715 has a 1.3mp camera (but the camera is pretty poor)

Then of course, there is the Palm Zire 72 with a 1.2mp camera
Old May 11, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) also has a 1.3 mp camera (although it's nothing to write home about for quality - my Nikon D70s spoils me). It's obviously a Cingular-branded unit, but unlocking it is trivial.

Other features:
* GSM 850/900/1800/1900
* EDGE higher-speed data
* 802.11b/g wireless integrated
* Slide out keyboard (bigger keys than BlackBerry)
* With software upgrade, supports wireless Exchange ActiveSync
(in other words, if your company has Exchange Server 2003 SP2, you can get your e-mail pushed to your device on a $19.99 MediaNet data plan instead of shelling out $45/mo for the BlackBerry Connect plan)
Old May 12, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Another question is how important the keyboard is to you. You can definitely go to a smaller form factor -- and get a 2 megapixel camera -- it you don't need a real keyboard.

Two specific examples in that arena are the O2 XDA "Atom" and the XDA "Neo"

The "Neo" (also known as the HTC Prophet series of phones) does have a macro mode, but otherwise, these are all fixed focus, so you may not be impressed with them, even at 2 megapizels.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.