Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

I want to buy a Dell laptop.... any additional way to bring the price down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:40 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just wondering if anyone knows of any discounts or on-line coupons out there to bring the price of a Dell 1150 down a little. I noticed that Gateway is affilated with AAA and you can get an addtional 10% off.... was hoping Dell may have a similar arrangement with someone.....

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Dell offers an Employee Purchase Program for employees of client companies. I think the discount is on the order of 10%. Probalby not combineable with another discount like the AAA.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:06 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Have you played wiht the configurations? They are offering 26% savings on that today on their site, based on which configurations I'm not sure, but it may be worth checking to see if you got the discount.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:36 am

David, here is a link from the ultimatecoupons.com site.

Here you will find lots of savings for Dell products.

Good luck!

http://www.webbuyingguide.com/coupons/dell_coupons.htm
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cordelli
Have you played wiht the configurations? They are offering 26% savings on that today on their site, based on which configurations I'm not sure, but it may be worth checking to see if you got the discount.
I did ... I was able to get close to the configuration I wanted for $855.... the only thing I couldn't price in was 512MB instead of the 256MB that this particular deal offered.....I played on their site for an hour last night.... and will explore again today.....
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
Another site

Check out hotdealsclub.com

They offer a lot of savings on things, particularly dell and amazon. It's as easy as entering a coupon code at the end of your dell purchase at dell.com
. It will show you the new price before you have to buy. Very cool, several coworkers used the codes to get a GREAT deal on a dell laptop one day ($800 vs. $1650 or so). Thing is, the deals are there some days...and not there others. Keep it bookmarked for best results.

GA
Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:43 pm

techbargains.com is another good site for coupon codes. Dell is probably the easiest retailer to get coupons for. However, you need to be patient. Every once in a while, they come out with an incredible one. Typically, it's good for a day at most, and then disappears. For example, near the end of last year, there was a $750 off $1500 or more laptop offer. If you need to get the computer today, check the coupon sites, pick out the best one, and buy. If you can wait, you'll eventually find it at the price you want.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
I second techbargains.com. They usually have on the left sidebar the best laptop and desktop deal/configuration. Today there are several for Dell and IBM. Another site that focuses on deals for everything is www.fatwallet.com
I use this site all the time desktop, as there is a great archive of former HOT DEALS that I can benchmark against. You can also sign up and ask questions. If you become a member (free), you can sign up for FatCash (also free), where you get cask back by linking to Dell (and other retailers) through their site. Check it out, along with techbargains.com.

The best deals from Dell usually come near the end of each financial quarter, as they are trying to pump up sales. Good luck.

FDuvall

Originally Posted by wsbombers
techbargains.com is another good site for coupon codes. Dell is probably the easiest retailer to get coupons for. However, you need to be patient. Every once in a while, they come out with an incredible one. Typically, it's good for a day at most, and then disappears. For example, near the end of last year, there was a $750 off $1500 or more laptop offer. If you need to get the computer today, check the coupon sites, pick out the best one, and buy. If you can wait, you'll eventually find it at the price you want.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 7:29 am

I can't believe I forgot to mention two things.

Compare the prices between Dell Home and Dell Small Business. They aren't the same and you can buy from either.

Also, if you don't purchase through a site like fatwallet, make sure you go through your favorite airline's shopping mall. Dell Home offers miles for pretty much any airline (some at better rates than others). Dell Small Business only offers miles through a couple.
Old Jan 25, 2005, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Keep an eye on bensbargains.net. Current Dell laptop deals are here: http://www.bensbargains.net/ktalk/11...6,85402,.shtml
Old Jan 25, 2005, 9:40 am
Original Poster

actually techbargins has a great $500 off coupon today but you need to get the system up to $1399.... makes it about a $900 purchase but you can get some amazing deals with this...

http://techbargains.com/
Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I check http://www.slickdeals.net at least once a day. They have a lot of news on great deals including Dell.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
another vote for tb

yeah, techbargains is great for this. or try fatwallet.com and search for dell 1100 or 1150.

usually, there is a deal, and a code etc. I got one earlier this year for 700$ delivered. P4, 512mb ram, cdrw, dvd, wifi, sxga screen.

nice deal
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:21 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I've found to get the best Dell deal you can't rely on a single discount site. Often FatWallet, Slickdeals, and others will mention the same deal, but a specific poster participating on one site may have an epiphany, that suddenly you are $75 ahead.

Personally I find www.dealnews.com the easiest to use for Dell. Their instructions on working your way through Dell's sometimes confusing site can help a lot.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

www.thetechzone.com always has the best Dell deals by far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.