Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried the WiFi at the Prince de Galles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2004, 11:37 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Does it work? I posted in the Starwood forum and got no response.

QL
Old May 24, 2004, 12:12 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Richard:
As it happens, my son (Jerry) and daughter-in-law were there over the last weekend. Its 30 Euros a day/110 per week. The desk will supply you with a card and password. When you log on, it takes you to a site where you enter the password. The speed was not spectacular. My son (network engineer) estimates it at about 250-300K.
A trick, which he found out two days in, was to run an AOL chatroom in the background. This kept the circuit open and he did not have to get another card for the balance of the stay.
He is a WPT fan. If you have additional questions, he said to just email him at [email protected].

Enjoy

Ed

Last edited by Vulcan; May 24, 2004 at 12:14 pm
Old May 24, 2004, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Its 30 Euros a day/110 per week.
Old May 24, 2004, 4:28 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks!

QL
Old May 24, 2004, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA General Member
Originally Posted by skofarrell
All Swisscom sites are 30 euros/day (in France, at least).
Old May 25, 2004, 12:20 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I guess if you are posting and checking up on your posts here that you aren't currently dominating the World Series. That's too bad, we were cheering for you. We're awaiting the full report on your site.
Old May 25, 2004, 10:34 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
The best deal going for European wi-fi is to roam over there using an unlimited US T-mobile account! That's one reason why I've stayed NOWHERE in London but the Park Tower Sheraton... I can use my US account there and not get charged a dime which is a GREAT deal considering the extortionate rates across the pond. Not that that'll help you in France...

Get a Horizons Wireless card and see if you can't sponge off someone else's AP. I know that's not a residential area but someone MIGHT be running an open access point nearby. I've successfully done this in dire emergencies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.