Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I will *NEVER* buy another IBM laptop

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2004, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Interesting that there appears to be no in-between with Thinkpads. Either they're the best thing since sliced bread or they can burn in h3ll.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 12:15 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Believe it or not an old Thinkpad 600E - after thousands of miles on the road, lots of checkpoints, i buried it in a closet.

Someone needed an emergency replacement - i pulled it out of closet - **** if the thing doesnt work.

And yes its running Windoze - 2K Pro to be exact
Old Mar 17, 2004, 3:38 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I can understand all positions. Ive used IBMs for a long time now, and until this last laptop (a T30), had no problems and only praise for the product and the support service.

Unfortunately, it seems like IBM is cutting corners in addition to cutting costs. I cant believe they can be so stupid. Despite the recent complaints, and the not so stellar reviews, the ThinkPad is still associated with a tough, reliable and quality laptop... so I CANNOT UNDERSTAND who at IBM seems so keen to drop the ball.

I dunno... I hope my T30 survives for another year and that the 2005 models (the T50) will be a kind of comeback.

BTW, is there a mailing address where someone can write IBM...? I would be willing to invest 45 minutes of my time to write them and tell them they are ****ing up...

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Mar 17, 2004, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
Believe it or not an old Thinkpad 600E - after thousands of miles on the road, lots of checkpoints, i buried it in a closet.

Someone needed an emergency replacement - i pulled it out of closet - **** if the thing doesnt work.

And yes its running Windoze - 2K Pro to be exact
</font>
Yes, I have a 600 that I use as my Windows notebook, although I typically carry my G4 Powebook now for travel. I use the 600 at home usually. It is a great machine. Sorry to hear others have had trouble.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.