FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

WOW... New Motorola's on the way....

The MPx100

The MPx300 (pocketPC)

More MPx phones!!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:40 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
The MPx300 is interesting, but I wonder whether it's locked into landscape screen mode. I'll bet some PPC software will run "interestingly" with those screen dimensions.

Note that the MPx300 shown in the second link doesn't appear to be the same as the one shown from the third link.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdhenry:
The MPx300 is interesting, but I wonder whether it's locked into landscape screen mode. I'll bet some PPC software will run "interestingly" with those screen dimensions.

Note that the MPx300 shown in the second link doesn't appear to be the same as the one shown from the third link.
</font>

The photos I've seen have it in landscape AND portrait. It seems to be able to open in 2 ways, one as a clamshell phone, and one as a small handheld...
Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Daddy likes his mpx200, and looks like an mpx220 is in his future!!!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's about time to ditch the old reliable StarTac 7868W.

These sure look nice. Not quite "gotta have one" yet...but seeing it in action could change my mind. Sure looks good.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 2:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
Sure would be nice if T-Mobile would make up and play nice with Motorola again. I'd like to try one of these out on a subsidized basis.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I think Nokia had better be quick getting my 9210 replacement out on the market and it had better be good, otherwise Motorola will be getting some business off me.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Internaut:
I think Nokia had better be quick getting my 9210 replacement out on the market and it had better be good, otherwise Motorola will be getting some business off me.</font>

Nokia... Schmokia...

I've been waiting on a replacement for the 9210 since 1 week after I got my first 9210...

They are spending too much time making dumb ****ty phones and kaleidioscopes or TFT display jewelry when they should be making decent phones like they used to in the good old days.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
looks good. i'll really believe it when i've played with the UI. [i still cringe at the memory of my old timeport...]
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milehighj:
looks good. i'll really believe it when i've played with the UI. [i still cringe at the memory of my old timeport...]</font>
Won't be a Moto UI, it's going to be running PocketPC Phone edition...
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Internaut:
I think Nokia had better be quick getting my 9210 replacement out on the market and it had better be good, otherwise Motorola will be getting some business off me.</font>
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54106,00.html

Won't be out till Q4 2004... TOO LITTLE TOO LATE
Old Feb 23, 2004, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54106,00.html

Won't be out till Q4 2004... TOO LITTLE TOO LATE
</font>
No Wideband CDMA. Most UK network should have a consumer 3G product by the time this thing hits the market. Tri band at a time when quad band phones are starting to become the norm (doubtless they'll produce an 800MHZ only version called the 9590 for the US market). Why are Nokia's Communicator team always a generation behind in radio and data????

Otherwie, looks good if a little consevative. The keyboard is a mixed blessing; long experience of using a Psion 5MX tells me that this device might just be a little too table centric. When it comes to the road, thumb keyboards rock!

Also, I just don't see Nokia getting the Office compatiblity anything like right (unless they've gone down the XML route which suits me but not the kind of none geek the device is aimed at).

That said, if Nokia does get office compatibility right, this may well be the perfect device to take to a meeting.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 9:30 pm

i love my mpx200. it's the perfect size in that it combines the palm and the cell.

i just wish ATT/Moto could work out some of these bugs -- i can't call AA or US Airways toll free numbers, for example...
Old Feb 23, 2004, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Im interested but skeptical of the feature set. For instance will it have Bluetooth and EDGE? Nokia is coming out with a phone this quarter with BT and class 10 EDGE. Im more likely to go in that direction ultimately. Although these sure look nice.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by haveric:
i love my mpx200. it's the perfect size in that it combines the palm and the cell.

i just wish ATT/Moto could work out some of these bugs -- i can't call AA or US Airways toll free numbers, for example...
</font>
Microsoft Smartphones are quite simply not reliable. Even 2 years after the first SPV they are not capable of producing an OS that does the very basic requirements of a phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.