Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MP3 downloads - U2 remixes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2003, 10:05 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
MP3 downloads - U2 remixes

So... this is normally OMNI material, but since I dont have posting priviledges (and dont know if I will ever get them) I will ask this here.

Im looking for a website where I can download a bunch of U2 songs in MP3 format (Im looking for extended remixes with dance/electronic backgrounds). Dont laugh, but if its reasonable Im even willing to pay... Any ideas on where I can go searching? Of course, if someone has one of those beta sites where you can do this for free...

BTW, there is this new remix version of "With or Without You" that KICKS BUTT!!! As you will surely understand this is just what I need to blast on my Alpine car-stereo while I race down the Costanera next to AEP at 190km/h...

Thanks.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Aug 27, 2003, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gaucho,

This of course would be illegal.

Any tracks in particular? There are 100's of them out there...

Drop me an email
Old Aug 27, 2003, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
Gaucho,

This of course would be illegal.

Any tracks in particular? There are 100's of them out there...

Drop me an email
</font>
Er... thats why I offered to pay a reasonable fee first... But, you're right, its a bad idea...

YGM
Old Aug 27, 2003, 2:46 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
If you want to commit massive copyright violations, might I suggest Kazaa-lite.

The legal thing to do would be getting a CD-ROM drive that does decent digital audio extraction and heading to your local Tower Records, of course.....

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

So... what do programs like Kazaa-lite do...?? Do they have special search engines that lead you to sites that have music stored and you can download...?? Im a total non-knower/understander of these things...
Old Aug 29, 2003, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
So... what do programs like Kazaa-lite do...?? Do they have special search engines that lead you to sites that have music stored and you can download...?? Im a total non-knower/understander of these things... </font>
Kazaa lets you access the files on other peoples computers, actually millions of other users. The files you download come off other PC's and are usually downloaded in little chunks off many PC's at a time.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 5:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
One benefit of knowing Russian is the fact that there are some sites on RuNet which leave Kazaa and such in the dust. If you want a link, drop me a note.

The site is very popular in Russia, but all of the song titles on it are in English, so very easy to understand.

Of course, I didn't tell you about it
Old Sep 2, 2003, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Someone with more technical know how may need to correct me, but I believe that Kazaa's download brings Spy Ware onto your computer. Better safe than sorry, I think.

Kate
Old Sep 3, 2003, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kykate:
Someone with more technical know how may need to correct me, but I believe that Kazaa's download brings Spy Ware onto your computer. Better safe than sorry, I think.

Kate
</font>
Which is why we all advised him to use Kazaa Lite. Kazaa Lite does not include ANY spyware.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:02 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
If you look for kazaa-lite on google, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and read all links very closely, else you might not find it. Looks like the owners of Kazaa (the original version) are having some DCMA fun at google's expense.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
So... this is normally OMNI material, but since I dont have posting priviledges (and dont know if I will ever get them) I will ask this here.

Im looking for a website where I can download a bunch of U2 songs in MP3 format (Im looking for extended remixes with dance/electronic backgrounds). Dont laugh, but if its reasonable Im even willing to pay... Any ideas on where I can go searching? Of course, if someone has one of those beta sites where you can do this for free...

BTW, there is this new remix version of "With or Without You" that KICKS BUTT!!! As you will surely understand this is just what I need to blast on my Alpine car-stereo while I race down the Costanera next to AEP at 190km/h... &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttravel_forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt;

Thanks.

</font>
Gaucho, you will likely find me near there in the end of September and also in mid-December (pre-Punta). Tell me when to watch out for you on the roads after hours and send me a version of the mix if you can too (after all I have the U2 original somewhere not so near to me at the current moment). ;-)

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited 09-04-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.