Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose headphones in AA.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2003, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Bose headphones in AA.

I am new to this forum. Apologies if this is beyond scope.

I have seen AA issue Bose Noise cancelling headphones when I fly first class. I wonder if anyone (frequent flyer or airline staff) have a pair for sale or anywhere I can get one cheap. I like them a lot. I have tried ebay.com , etc.

Thanks
Karthik
Old Aug 5, 2003, 7:46 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
Hi!

I agree the Bose Noise-cancelling headphones are great.

I think Bose has "just" released a new version of the headphones, selling around USD300. The "old version" that you probably got on AA is now retailing around USD200.

Search Ebay for: bose noise

and I found at least 23 items up for sale.

Good luck!
Old Aug 5, 2003, 8:24 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I think you'll bet a better response in FlyerTalk Travel/Travel Technology and which is a more apt place for this. I am moving it there.

Chuck
aka cblaisd
Moderator, Coupon Connection and United
Old Aug 5, 2003, 9:31 am
ajb

Definitely get the new version. I bought the old version from them right before they launched the new one, and they let me send the old version back for an exchange. The new ones are much more compact and comfortable.

Everyone who has tried them have been in awe of how well they work.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
The new ones have the noise cancellation electronics in the headset itself... The old one had a seperate module.
Old Aug 6, 2003, 12:29 am

For $80, I purchased "Plane Quiet" headphones from http://www.outsidetheboxgroup.com. According to David M. Rowell's website, The Travel Insider, he says they are just as good as the Bose, and if you leave them on the plane, you're only out $80 instead of $300.

------------------
Old Aug 10, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Tried to send msg to your email, got error "not a local domain" whatever that means. I have a set of Bose NC headphones in excellent condition for sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.