A tip for ALL cellphone users in Holland, Spain and Germany

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2003, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A tip for ALL cellphone users in Holland, Spain and Germany

When you use your cellphone to call abroad use this service:

http://www.phonetonetele.com/

They offer cellphone calls to the USA for just €0.04 to €0.07 compared to the normal price of around €0.55. All you need to do is call their access number, and then dial the international number.

BEWARE: MCI, AT&T cards etc.. will NOT work on european cellphones as these companies would need to pay the extra tarrif for mobile originating calls. I've been using phonetonetele for some time now and am extremely happy with it. Call quality is great.
Old May 13, 2003, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
When you use your cellphone to call abroad use this service:

http://www.phonetonetele.com/

They offer cellphone calls to the USA for just €0.04 to €0.07 compared to the normal price of around €0.55. All you need to do is call their access number, and then dial the international number.

BEWARE: MCI, AT&T cards etc.. will NOT work on european cellphones as these companies would need to pay the extra tarrif for mobile originating calls. I've been using phonetonetele for some time now and am extremely happy with it. Call quality is great.
</font>
Scott, Great idea and after reading the site over, it looks like anyone from USA would need a local phone account (land line or cell) to take advantage of this low per. miunte offer, correct? Would a call placed from a hotel phone to the 902.660.660 access number be billed then just as a local call??
Old May 13, 2003, 9:49 am

I would check on using the service from hotels carefully. This appears to be a "dial-around" service, similar to www.onesuite.com here in the US. You should ask the hotel if the access number is a local, toll or toll-free call and what the base charge is for these calls from the hotel phone. You don't want to pay excess hotel or other phone charges if you don't have to. I would also check with your cell phone provider and ask the same thing.

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
www.biztrip.com
A site for travelers by a traveler with 20+ years experience
Please visit my site and let me know what you think.
Old May 13, 2003, 7:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
nobelcom.com offers a card for six point nine cents a minute from Germany, used it on a trip in December and loved it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.