Wiki Posts
Search

Tour Books on Hand Helds?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2001, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Tour Books on Hand Helds?

I recently noticed that Frommer's now has many of its tour books available as downloads for handheld computers.

Does anyone have any expeience with these? Do they have the same content as the hard copies? Are the graphics and maps of equal quality as the printed versions? Do any other tour book publishers do the same thing?
Old Aug 15, 2001, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
I recently noticed that Frommer's now has many of its tour books available as downloads for handheld computers...Do any other tour book publishers do the same thing?</font>
The threat of piracy makes it risky for publishers, but I wish Rick Steves would go ahead and take the plunge.

------------------
Middle_Seat
Old Aug 20, 2001, 3:35 am

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BillMorrow:
I recently noticed that Frommer's now has many of its tour books available as downloads for handheld computers.

Does anyone have any expeience with these?
</font>
Check out Lonely Planet's CitySync product. I have not yet used this myself, but it looks interesting.
Old Aug 20, 2001, 3:28 pm

I heard good things about the Weissmann City Profiles from Neohand (www.neohand.com). Also, if you visit my web site (www.business-trip.com), I have a list of business travel related software titles for Palm users.

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
Business-Trip.com
www.business-trip.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.