Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to change T-Mobile Billing Date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I prefer having all my bills due on the same date. Is it possible to change the billing date for the Magenta Max plan to the first of every month?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:02 pm

You don't have it on Autopay with a credit card? It is $5/line/month cheaper on T-Mobile Autopay. If you are on Autopay, then the billing date shouldn't matter as your credit card due date is the one that matters.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need
You don't have it on Autopay with a credit card? It is $5/line/month cheaper on T-Mobile Autopay. If you are on Autopay, then the billing date shouldn't matter as your credit card due date is the one that matters.
Totally forgot about the autopay discount!

Just for knowledge's sake, is it possible to change the billing date though?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I asked your question via Twitter and had an answer within a few minutes:

We can help change that for you here if the due date is not working for you!
lsquare and LIH Prem like this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I asked your question via Twitter and had an answer within a few minutes:

We can help change that for you here if the due date is not working for you!
Awesome, bro!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

After thinking about this for a long time, I just signed up for a TMO account. I decided to go with Magenta first just to see what it's like. The rep said I can easily call and change to Magenta Max later. Is this true? I was in a bit of a hurry as I have plans in NYC so I forgot to ask important questions like multi-line discount. Doh! The setup process was nice and simple. I just had to show my ID, they asked me which plan I want, and run a credit check on me. I think I was out of the store in less than 20 minutes. I am now officially a Mobile customer. Bye-bye AT&T for now...
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
After thinking about this for a long time, I just signed up for a TMO account. I decided to go with Magenta first just to see what it's like. The rep said I can easily call and change to Magenta Max later. Is this true? I was in a bit of a hurry as I have plans in NYC so I forgot to ask important questions like multi-line discount. Doh! The setup process was nice and simple. I just had to show my ID, they asked me which plan I want, and run a credit check on me. I think I was out of the store in less than 20 minutes. I am now officially a Mobile customer. Bye-bye AT&T for now...
you should be able to change to magneta max online
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage
you should be able to change to magneta max online
Is the change instantaneous? I will change to Magenta Max depending on how the UA and TMO in-flight wireless partnership pan out.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:24 pm

Is the change instantaneous? I will change to Magenta Max depending on how the UA and TMO in-flight wireless partnership pan out.
Not sure?

The last time I made a change was a long time ago (increasing the data allowance when they throttled you after some point) . Going up was immediate, going down needed to wait for next billing cycle
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Recently did the switch from AT&T to the Tmo 55+ plan. Did the entire thing via Twitter DM. Was painless and I am now saving $40/month.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Recently did the switch from AT&T to the Tmo 55+ plan. Did the entire thing via Twitter DM. Was painless and I am now saving $40/month.
My dad wasn't with me, but I really want to get the 55+ rate at some point. In the meantime, I'm going to test TMO out around Boston, NYC, San Francisco, and Seattle. Hopefully, the coverage and network performance are good or I might be forced to go back to AT&T.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:42 am

My dad wasn't with me, but I really want to get the 55+ rate at some point. In the meantime, I'm going to test TMO out around Boston, NYC, San Francisco, and Seattle. Hopefully, the coverage and network performance are good or I might be forced to go back to AT&T.
TMobile does offer free 3 month test drive (via esims, aka almost no effort if you had an unlocked recent iPhone or Android with esim.

(I think their regular testdrice program still works - they mail you a hotspot and you use it 1 month for free)

Oh well
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.