Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for suction cup mount for phone on commercial aircraft window

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Recommendations for suction cup mount for phone on commercial aircraft window

As above, does anyone have recommendations for a suction cup mount for phones on the windows of a commercial aircraft?

I’m looking at one that’s easy to remove and can be reused for other situations, eg on cars and hotel windows, etc.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qantas Plat, IHG Spire Elite
Don't think k you should be doing that as the inner window on aircraft is thin perspex. There is a chance you could crack it especially in the event of turbulence
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by iwanm
Don't think k you should be doing that as the inner window on aircraft is thin perspex. There is a chance you could crack it especially in the event of turbulence
Unfortunately should be and are doing are two different things. If you watch a number of the more popular vloggers, you'll note many are using suction cup mounts to capture takeoff/landing footage and in some cases, internal footage. I would not be surprised if some try to stick these on the IFE screens as well.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:21 am

For general aviation (private flights), I use RAM mounts for my iPad with Foreflight. Our windows in unpressurized aircraft are a bit thicker than inner windows on airliners, but as long as you're mounting just a phone you should be alright.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KRSW
For general aviation (private flights), I use RAM mounts for my iPad with Foreflight. Our windows in unpressurized aircraft are a bit thicker than inner windows on airliners, but as long as you're mounting just a phone you should be alright.
Which RAM mount are you using? What's a good one to get for someone sitting in economy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.