Black Friday Cellphone Deals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond

Is it just my faulty memory or am I right that there seem to be fewer Black Friday promotions for cellphones this year than previously? A lot of sites have put up advance notice of their Black Friday sales, but few seem to include any significant discounts on any cellphones much less any cellphones that might be attractive.

Just wondering. I could be in the market if something interesting popped up, but I'm not seeing anything tempting--at almost any price point.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
They're all pretty m'eh again. Expect a free iPhone with trade in. Switcher deals with BYOD with a $500-1000 gift certificate. Usually Best Buy, Walmart, or Target will give you a better deal than the carriers. T-Mobile has released their deals and they're nothing that special.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Google has a Black Friday deal $50 off for a Pixel 5a (5G) for $399 now
https://store.google.com/?utm_source...en-US&hl=en-US
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:58 pm

The postpaid carriers have had ongoing trade in promotions with credits over 24 to 36 months for new and current customers. The prepaid carriers have been running fewer phone promotions while increasing online service promotions. Mint, Red Pocket and TRACFONE have had recent flash sales for quarterly and yearly service.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TGarza
The postpaid carriers have had ongoing trade in promotions with credits over 24 to 36 months for new and current customers. The prepaid carriers have been running fewer phone promotions while increasing online service promotions. Mint, Red Pocket and TRACFONE have had recent flash sales for quarterly and yearly service.
I have two phones on Mint and have been very happy with their service. I think I started with them during one of those flash sales a couple of years ago. Not to take my own thread too far off course, but anyone interested in Mint should look carefully at the terms of their $25/month and $30/month plans (both require an upfront 12 month payment; otherwise the monthly cost is higher). I have remained on the $25 plan, which provides for 12GB of data monthly, rather than moving to the $30 plan, which has unlimited data (although like a lot of those deals, provided at a slower speed at some point) because the $30 plan only allows 5GB per month hotspot use. The $25 plan allows all 12GB to be run through the hotspot, and I use much of my data for that purpose.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I did not find any deals as great as when I picked up my S9 two years ago for half price. But I used Rakuten to get 15% cash back on a Samsung unlocked phone, which I thought was decent - Sprint/TM wasn't offering any promos except the gimmicky Fold series.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.