Wiki Posts
Search

Wireless Headphone Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Wireless Headphone Adapter?

Does anyone have experience with wireless headphone adapters for the IFE? I'm looking for one because the wires tend to get tangled up, and I sometimes just want to pop in my ear buds rather than a bulky headphone.

I'm looking at these in particular:
https://www.rha-audio.com/us/product...flight-adapter

If anyone has experience with anything like it, I would appreciate hearing about them (especially in regards to delay, and whether the sound quality gets much worse than using a wired connection).

Last edited by Dave510; Sep 4, 2019 at 5:42 pm
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: SAS -TG
Originally Posted by Dave510
Does anyone have experience with wireless headphone adapters for the IFE? I'm looking for one because the wires tend to get tangled up, and I sometimes just want to pop in my ear buds rather than a bulky headphone.

I'm looking at these in particular:
https://www.rha-audio.com/us/product...flight-adapter

If anyone has experience with anything like it, I would appreciate hearing about them (especially in regards to delay, and whether the sound quality gets much worse than using a wired connection).
Just buy a bluetooth transmitter use the airplane jack, if you cant find any

gfunkdave, bkafrick and FXWizard like this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKT CPH
Just buy a bluetooth transmitter use the airplane jack, if you cant find any

I ended up springing for the RHA adapter. It was just more convenient to have USB C charging and 16 hours battery life (perfect for the route I fly most often). Also helps that it's lower profile when plugged in.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
What are your experience with different airlines regarding the use of Bluetooth in-flight? It seems the rules differ from airline to airline and even sometimes do not make sense. For example an airline requires that phones are in flight mode but since they offer WiFi they explicitly allow the use of WiFi. On the same hand they do not say anything about the use of Bluetooth.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
What are your experience with different airlines regarding the use of Bluetooth in-flight? It seems the rules differ from airline to airline and even sometimes do not make sense. For example an airline requires that phones are in flight mode but since they offer WiFi they explicitly allow the use of WiFi. On the same hand they do not say anything about the use of Bluetooth.
I've never had Bluetooth restrictions when it comes to airlines, even during take off and landing. I usually only fly Asian airlines though.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:50 am

I am considering buying
this Anker product this Anker product
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: SAS -TG
Originally Posted by 678flyer
I am considering buying this Anker product

Can you use it in airplane?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.