Search

Google changes

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Google changes

Have I messed something up or has google just done a significant change?

This is on Safari.

Until a couple days ago entering google.com gave a nice clean screen with a search box. Tonight it gives a screen that’s cluttered with junk I don’t give a hoot about.

Update. Found it. It’s something called “Google discover” you can click on the cheeseburger and turn it off.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
I can't remember the last time I actually went to google.com. Most browsers these days allow you to simply enter your search term in the same box as you would for a URL, or with the Firefox browser, there's a separate search box next to the URL box.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I can't remember the last time I actually went to google.com. Most browsers these days allow you to simply enter your search term in the same box as you would for a URL, or with the Firefox browser, there's a separate search box next to the URL box.
Yes. But that is still executing a search using whichever browser is your default.

I mainly enter google.com to prove my browser is working when I get broken responses.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by milepig

Yes. But that is still executing a search using whichever browser is your default.

I mainly enter google.com to prove my browser is working when I get broken responses.
Ah. cnn.com for me.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Anyone else getting Google's new font in the search results page? Apparently it's in testing, but I seem to get it all the time over the last couple of days.

https://9to5google.com/2021/01/24/go...rch-sans-font/

I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I suppose it doesn't much matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.