Wiki Posts
Search

Travel VPN Router Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Travel VPN Router Recommendation

Hello,
Sorry, a little confused when trying to research travel VPN routers, so I thought best to ask here. I am traveling to Europe on a cruise and would like to be secure while on board the ships public Wifi. I am looking for a travel VPN router that I can between my Ipad and Laptop while using the internet. Preferably one that has a VPN package?

Thank you,
JR
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:52 am

If you buy one, make sure it supports browser page log in. On some cruises, the internet is not like hotel where they give you a password for the WiFi. They give you an username and password and you have to log in with the device's browser page. We took one with us last time and it couldn't work on the cruise. This was for Celebrity cruise.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
It sounds like you are looking for a travel router that supports VPN connections for your tablet and laptop. You can use either of these approaches:
  • A router that itself supports VPN connections, so that you can share its VPN connection with your tablet and laptop
  • Software on your tablet and laptop that creates VPN connections over a router or any other Internet connection
I would first investigate VPN software for your tablet and laptop, because this is useful with or without a router. If you need to share an Internet connection between your tablet and laptop, you can use a travel router and still use the VPN software on your tablet and laptop.

These discussions might prove helpful in your search:
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Thank you all very much for the replies. I will look at the other discussions.

JR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.