Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Wireless earbuds?

Wireless earbuds?

Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
The Sony WH-1000XM3 support AAC:SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT(S)SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
I just don't know what to do! Sony WH-1000XM3, Jabra earbuds, or just wait and suffer with wires until something more compelling turns up.
I bought my wife the 1000XM3s and I literally just bought myself a pair today.

They are great sound quality, the functions are great, it's USB-C quick charging, long battery life, and the ANC is amazing.

However, one shortcoming is that they are HORRIBLE for making phone calls. The mic sucks and I would not recommend it at all if you need to use them as such. I travel with other earbuds as well, and just use the 1000XM3s on the plane or other noisey areas to listen to music or watch the IFE or my tablet.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I just bought a set of Anker Soundcore Liberty Lites for $45 on Amazon (it's probably still on sale). They work very well for the price, no "left-ear dropouts" like other brands I've tried (I'm looking at you, JBL!). I've only gotten about 2hrs use between charges but I play them fairly loudly. Best part? I tried to run in them and they stay in! Was impressed enough especially at $45 I bought more pairs as gifts and another as a dedicated running pair (they can only pair to one device at a time).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I just think the AirPods look a little goofy. I actually talked to another coworker who had them in, and she wasn’t a fan. She said they fall out of her ears all the time, but she has small ears.
They are goofy looking, AND I lost a pair not long after I got them, AND my current pair stopped charging 9 months after I got them (still under warranty, but still.) And with all of that I still like them a lot. As for "small ears", there's a condom-like thing that you might want to get her as a thoughtful gift. Don't google that! Instead, search for "silicone eartip" on ebay and have four pairs shipped from China for $1.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:57 pm

I like the idea of no wire, but I am not sure about the idea that it is another device I need to charge. Maybe it is better with the charging case that most of the new ones came with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.